X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tarantula Kits

Arboreol Tarantula Kit:

Terrestrial Tarantula Kit:

Wonder what you guys think? Perhaps everything needed to give a tarantula a decent home, remarkably similar to the setup I use for my T (with the same tank). I'm particularly fond of those Exo-Terra Tanks and the decor. Think I should get one of these for my T? Because I think that's the best Tarantula Kit I've seen so far, a little expensive, but perhaps the best start for a tarantula.

~Chris

I have one of the big big arboreal exo terra tanks for my P formosa colony. Not sure whether youd need all that stuff tho for a T. Youd have to be careful about the light tube as well.

Comment

I would say that the light tubes are completly useless. The whole set up is very expensive as-well

Comment

Seems expensive to me and in truth the lights are of no value to your Tarantula.

You could probably pick up the lot minus the lights for about £50.

Try Custom Aquaria for the tanks and substrate.

Ray
        British Tarantula Society - Join today safe and secure online

[B]
        The 29th BTS Annual Exhibition
        On
        [B]Sunday 18th May 2014[B]

Comment

I think you're all right about the lights, and it is indeed very expensive. If it's red low wat lighting, then it shouldn't disturb the tarantula, but this may be too much. A nice kit, but a bit excessive nonetheless, even if it includes delivery.

The terrestrial tarantula kit has no lighting that comes with it though. Part of the fun is making an interesting display I read. I'll get that one for my terrestrial tarantulas as you can make the tarantula's home look very pretty, but crickets will have lots of places to hide as will the tarantula. My Mexican red Knee lives in a very similar set up to the terrestrial kit, and she's a happy bunny. But crickets are very hard to get out when they hide.

Custom Aquaria eh? Do they have a website?

~Chris

Comment

I dont think they have a webby, but you can call them on 01933 356894

Does anyone know if they ship within the uk?? i've only ever picked the tanks up in person.
            And he piled upon the whale's white hump, the sum of all the rage and hate felt by his whole race. If his chest had been a cannon, he would have shot his heart upon it.

Comment

I bought one of those tanks for £40 and adapted it myself.

Tank = £40

Cork bark = £5

Fake ficus = £6

substrate = £4 (enough left to do hundreds of tanks!)

water dish = £2

Total = £57!

Comment

I see what you mean. Those Tarantula Kits seem to be "Professional". You get a load of extra stuff. I mean, who needs three bags of substrate all in one go? But if you want to buy absolutely EVERYTHING for a tarantula in one go including all the decor...

Coolsox2003uk, you can probably get all that stuff a bit cheaper at that site. The tank you got is only about £30 there.

Comment

Or something like that from Custom Aquaria for even less

My pokie tank measures 18 x 9 x 9 inches, is glass with a mesh vent at the back, and a lid on the top. Cost me £18 from custom aquaria
                  And he piled upon the whale's white hump, the sum of all the rage and hate felt by his whole race. If his chest had been a cannon, he would have shot his heart upon it.

Comment

How is shipping with Custom Aquaria?

Comment

No idea. i picked my tanks up in person as it was at the BTS show

Comment

Originally posted by Sirunus
                        How is shipping with Custom Aquaria?
                        I spoke to the owner of custom aquaria at the BTS show this year and asked the same question.

He said that due to the fragility and weight of the tanks, it is not cost effective to send them via mail order, so generally works on the pick up in person idea.

However, you can ring them if you want to pre-order some tanks or indeed have any custom requirements, they tend to be at most shows throughout the year.

I don't think that they have an internet site.

I would imagine that if you had a very large order, then some sort of delivery could be arranged via a courier service, but to be honest if you add the price of that on, then it would probably still be cheaper to get your local reptile shop to order them in if you couldn't make it to a show.

I also got the impression that you could pick the tanks up in person from them, but this would need to be checked.

Comment

Originally posted by Layla Mc
                          I have one of the big big arboreal exo terra tanks for my P formosa colony. Not sure whether youd need all that stuff tho for a T. Youd have to be careful about the light tube as well.
                          I agree, there does appear to be an awful lot of unecessary stuff with the setup. But most worryingly, amongst all of it, there is no mention of a thermostat!!

Comment

Originally posted by Neil Richardson
                            Or something like that from Custom Aquaria for even less

My pokie tank measures 18 x 9 x 9 inches, is glass with a mesh vent at the back, and a lid on the top. Cost me £18 from custom aquaria
                            Hi,

Do you, or anybody else, have any pictures of the 'Custom Aquaria' tanks?

Just wondered how they fair against the Exo Terra line.

Cheers.[/code]
                            Arachnophiles & Forum!

Comment

hello. I have an aboral custom tank and it is great. It is a glass tank with a section at the back which is cut out and a piece of mesh covers it. This is very important for spiders that need good venterlation like the avic. Also it stops mould build-up

Comment

Working...
                              X