Sac size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sac size

Hey guys been a very long while since I posted here as had a slight break from tarantulas but just wanted to ask what's the average sac size for a king baboon if I was successful in a pairing?

how many slings could I expect?
    If these words he speaks are true,we're all humanary stew, if we dont pledge allegiance to
    the black widow.nahnahnahnahnah nah nah

Just try and get a sac first
    P. muticusare extremely hard to breed and there has possibly only been a handful of successful matings/sac/slings in the world.
    The slings that are available are from WC females dropping a sac soon after being bought.
    If I had to put a number of slings per sac, I would guess at around 150 - 200 but this species is also known for the high mortality rate of the slings . . .so dont count anything until you actually have mobile slings !

Comment

I just got a sac from a successful mating.
      Only about 50 eggs made it to EWL and around 100 undeveloped eggs that I threw away, so that would make the sac around the 150 mark.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruan Lambrechts View Post
        I just got a sac from a successful mating.
        Only about 50 eggs made it to EWL and around 100 undeveloped eggs that I threw away, so that would make the sac around the 150 mark.

Congratulations

Any chance of a breeding report ?

Comment

I don't have any stats like humidity or temperature, so not sure if it will be of much use. I incubated it from day 2 as she tore the sac down.

Comment

didn't Joey Muglestone breed them not that long ago aswell?

Comment

Working...
            X