strange behavior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• strange behavior

hi everyone. i went to check on my t's tonight only to find my salmon pink dragging her water bowl round the tank. she seemed to be trying to flip it over then she would drag it all over the place this went on for almost an hour trying to flip it over climbing all over it. she was trying to sink her fangs through it then almost picking it up. it looked like she was either playing with it or trying to eat it i don't know funny thing to watch never seen this before. by the way i use jam jar lids for dishes which are changed for new ones every week she just seemed to take a big like to this one in particular. any one else seen this sort of behavior.

Hey Vincent, well my A. Geniculata used to do it a lot when she had out grown her previous enclosure. She used to move it around as if looking for a better way to make space. It was funny to watch, that's why I did it with a comic relief red nose, just put it in her enclosure to see what she would do. http://thebts.co.uk/forums/showthrea...ght=geniculata

Now my E. Murinus started to do the came with her water dish but that was because it was empty, now I have it filled up and put back where it should be and she has left it alone, except for the occasional drink.

I use take away sauce pots for my water dishes.

Comment

brilliant photos richard made me laugh . i don't think she's outgrown the tank yet as she's only young and slightly bigger than my g rosa. she's in an exo terra 12 by 12 by 12 at the moment but i think i might have to move her in to a bigger enclosure after the next molt. that's a good idea using take away sauce pots for water bowls. many thanks for your reply richard and the chuckle .

Comment

Boredom does some strange things to you Vincent, hence the photos and commentary, when that was happening I was wondering what she was thinking, is it in the way? Does she like the material? Why did she soak it in her water bowl? Was she just simply playing with it? etc . I use the take away sauce pots because they tend to be transparent or translucent, I'm trying to keep the enclosures looking as near to natural as I can. You know by having something transparent, you can pretend that it is a water puddle in the soil rather than a plastic container :P. The size of the exp terra sounds good, is that in inches?

Glad you found it amusing
        Have a good one mate.

Comment

yes richard that is inches. like yourself i do try my best to try and create a natural surround as possible for my t's. places to hide and climb for the arboreal's. the only thing in my tanks that are not real are the plants but they look almost real. i suppose individuals can do as much or as little to there tanks as they want makes you wonder though if the tarantula actually appreciates the efforts some people go to. i have seen set ups in the past that are very bland and generally in a right old state but the t's look like there thriving it makes you wonder. anyway i wont woffle on mate thanks again for your reply richard.

Comment

My Grammostola pulchra AF does this. I used to re-arrange it so that it would look how I wanted it to but have given up now as she will just move things around to suit her.

Comment

Working...
            X