Do T's do spring cleaning?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do T's do spring cleaning?

I've had my B.Vagans for just under a week now. Not sure what sex it is yet but I refer to it as a 'she'. She's settled in nicely, dug herself a great burrow and has eaten a few small crickets. I'm aware that removing leftovers and food boluses as soon as possible is in her best interest, but I'm not sure how at the moment seeing as she takes the food into the burrow. I was wondering if T's remove 'litter' from their burrows? I don't really want to go digging around and stress her unnecessarily. Any advice please?

Well I can't speak for every tarantula in existence but all of my tarantulas do at some point remove left over meals from their hides. They tend to stack them in one spot of the enclosure, and also poo in that spot as well, so I tend to consider that their waste spot, but then I don't worry about left overs, I have spring tails and woodlice to take care of those bits. Only time I remove leftovers is when I feed my A. Geniculata Madagascar hissing roaches (lots of left over shells) or if the pile isn't going down (rarely). I'm sure she will move it when she is ready but if it is bothering you, make a burrow for her against the side of the enclosure and see if she adopts it instead of the one she made. Then you can shine a light in when you're worried and see if she left a mess.

Comment

Thanks Richard. I'm not overly concerned about it at the moment but I thought it was worth asking. It's early days and I'm still getting to know her so probably best to just see what she does. Thanks again

Comment

Working...
      X