need a bit of advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need a bit of advice

around a month ago i rescued a B. smithi from an owner that didnt want it and was going to kill it if they couldnt sell it . it came in an exo terra terarium ( 30x30x30 cm) with a heat mat . its not the species i would have chosen as i can only keep 1 spider , but i couldnt just leave it to die . it was sold as female , but i have been unable to confirm this yet as she hasnt moulted .

this leaves me with 2 problems .

1) i want to sell her/him but its so long since i kept tarantulas that i have no idea how much to ask ( preferably whole setup reasons will be clear in next question) i would put size at around 4 to 5 inches .

2) i want a confirmed female poecilotheria . preferably ornata . but again as i have been out of the hobby so long i am after advice as to where i can get confirmed sexed captive bred female spiders and how much to expect to pay .

attatched is a photo of the smithi i rescued . Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0393.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	20.8 KB
ID:	96532

First thing would be to take away the heat mat as it is not needed.

At a guess an unsexed 4-5 inch B smithi with 30 x 30 exoterra is worth around £50 - £60

A sexed AF P ornata ? . . .£60 - £70 ??

The best places to get an AF would be the various classifieds on forums and facebook OR at SEAS (Ashford, Kent) in January or BTS in May (Coventry, Midlands)

Comment

thanks for your reply . im guessing AF refers to adult female ? if so it doesnt need to be an adult , a juvenile/subadult would be great so long as it is sexed . i will post a for sale ad here now that i have a ball park figure . thanks for your help

Comment

hmmm . unable to post in the classifieds section . i guess thats down to my post count ?

Comment

Working...
        X