No announcement yet.

A.versicolor broken fang - please help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A.versicolor broken fang - please help!

Hi guys,

I have a bit of a dilemma.

I have an Avicularia versicolor juvenile with a serious problem. I noticed a while back that it hadn't been eating. On inspection I noticed it only had one fang and even that was in bad shape. It was sticking out at an awkward angle. It pounces on live prey whenever I offer food, but loses interest after a few minutes because it can't eat it.

I've tried everything from, offering injured feeders, to freshly killed feeders, smaller feeders, the poor thing just can't eat anything. I've tried mashing up roaches and hand feeding it, but it just doesn't see to work. It is starting to lose weight fast and there is very little left of it.

I'm tempted to freeze it and put it out of it's misery, but I just thought I would see if there are any other options available.

Many thanks,

Jamie
    My Collection:

The best thing that I can do for you is post this > > > > > CLICKY LINK THINGY TO HELP PEOPLE WITH FANGLESS VERSICOLORS < < < < <

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Roach View Post
      The best thing that I can do for you is post this > > > > > CLICKY LINK THINGY TO HELP PEOPLE WITH FANGLESS VERSICOLORS < < < < <
      Thanks for the link Pete. Will give it a try!

I'll try and post some pics if I can.

Jamie
      My Collection:

Comment

Working...
      X