gooty on the floor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gooty on the floor

hi all i have a young gooty ornamental which i re homed in to a exo terra nano tank as the container it was in was getting to small. he/she has a 3 inch leg span approx. i,ve put a cork bark tube and cork bark at the back of the tank plus a fake plant that goes from top to bottom all for climbing and hiding but the spider is on the floor behind the cork at the back. have i done something wrong or is this normal behavior for a young gooty. there is a heat pad at the back of the tank and the water dish is rigged up half way up the tank any advise or help would be greatly appreciated.

Take the heatpad away and leave it to settle in

Comment

ok cheers for that pete. by the way i know you don't use heat pads yourself pete but do you heat the whole room where you keep your t's as the temperature does drop quite a bit at night at the moment.

Comment

As long as you are comfortable in the room with minimal clothes on, shirt shorts. it should be fine for the T. Provided you're not one of those super warm blooded creatures that loves the cold weather :P

Comment

Originally posted by vincent winyard View Post
          by the way i know you don't use heat pads yourself pete but do you heat the whole room where you keep your t's as the temperature does drop quite a bit at night at the moment.
          Opps missed this.

I heat the entire room/shed with an oil filled radiator set at 25C for most of the year (can rise to 30C+ in very hot weather), during the winter months I let the temps drop down to 19c-20C for 3-4 months.
          Sometimes it drops to 16C-18C if it gets very cold overnight and I dont notice and reset the thermostat on the radiator

Comment

Working...
          X