Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feeding Spiderlings

Hi all,

Just curious to know how often you feed your spiderlings. I currently have six on pinhead crickets; d'you think it's ok to feed them some every other day?

Cheers,
    Adam.
    Arachnophiles & Forum!

I feed mine a couple of times a week 5 or more crickets each time, or as many as they will eat, if they have any left at second feed day just leave them for a couple of days.
    Mary
    spider woman at Wilkinsons

Comment

Cheers mary, got any tips for keeping the pinheads alive? They seem to die very quickly
      Arachnophiles & Forum!

Comment

Ours get dry fish flakes to eat, and a grape cut in half for moisture. Replace the grape every 24 hours, and they last a fair while.
        And he piled upon the whale's white hump, the sum of all the rage and hate felt by his whole race. If his chest had been a cannon, he would have shot his heart upon it.

Comment

Hi Adam,

For my two pennies worth, I have 5 versi slings and although they are now off pinheads, I fed them and have done other spiderlings 2 or 3 crickets every other day. Sometimes they had maybe a week break if I ran out of crickets, but I saw this as a positive as food is not regularly available to them in the wild.

Regarding keeping the pinheads alive, basically they dry out very quickly but on the other hand too much moisture will easily wipe out a batch overnight.

The same as Neil, I also feed mine dry fish flake food, but I tend to use a piece of well washed apple which I replace every other day, this is my own preference and grapes are far too good to feed crickets!!
          I also move the pinheads from their normal tubs into a larger container, this makes life a lot easier all round.

Hope this is of some use!!!

Comment

Working...
          X