Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going on holiday - temperature question

Hi,

Just a quick question regarding temperature in my T room whilst I'm on holiday. I'm going away for 8 days and usually don't like leaving anything electrical on in the house while I'm away. I'm pondering turning the heating off in my T room, but that would probably drop the temp to about 15C for the duration of the holiday. Would this be acceptable for this length of time? Species in question are Grammostola rosea, Brachypelma boehmei (about 2/3 grown and 1/2 grown respectively) and a Psalmopoeus cambridgei sling.

I've re-read the section on temp in my Schultz & Schultz, so I know not to worry too much about temp, but it's the length of time I'm a little worried about.

I guess I should have thought about this before I bought T's! There's always something!

Obviously, I will leave the heating on if 8 days at 15C is too long.

Thanks,

Jenny

Sorry if this has been covered before, I couldn't find anything on an advanced search.

Is it that cold in Lincolnshire ?

I would make sure that there are no prey insects in their tubs, supply fresh water the day you are going away, put them in the warmest room of the house and then forget about them until you return from your holiday.

ps. You have a T room for just 4 spiders ?

Comment

It's warmer outside than it is in the house at this time of year!

Thanks for the info - will do that.

It' not a T room as such - just the room they are kept in.

Comment

Hello Jennifer,

I went away for 8 days at the end of November and just left an oil radiator heater in the room that my 16 Ts are in and they were all fine when I got back.

Comment

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your reply - that's good to know.

Comment

During the last winter I turned the temps down in my spider shed for 3 months and the average temps were 15C (60F) and I had a few in the unheated tool shed or under the bench in the garden.

Comment

Thanks Peter.

Some good reassuring advice here.

Comment

Working...
              X