Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G sp. pulchuripes

Hi,
    I'm getting 2 slings 1cm was hoping to get them friday but The Spider Shop has said that because of the BTS meeting at the weekend they can't deliver untill next week.
    When these slings are fully growen would they be classed as medium to large since they grow to about 8" or small to medium can anyone advise me on this , I've been reading the book by Schultz and Schultz.

Originally posted by Stephen Cooke View Post
    When these slings are fully growen would they be classed as medium to large since they grow to about 8" or small to medium can anyone advise me on this
    Grammostola pulchripes is one of the largest of the Grammostola but it is extremely rare to see one that has a 8 inch legspan.
    To get that large, it may take around 15-20 years.
    An average large specimen of this species will be around 6 inches. From a 1cm sling to 2-3 inches could take a few years and after that they seen to slow down.

Comment

This is my 6.3 inch female. Bought her as a sling in 2005. Love this spider so much.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
      Attached Files
      http://www.facebook.com/marko.sajovic

Comment

Hi,
        can you tell me what you fed your sling on and how often , I hae small locusts 8mm-12mm in size what do you think.

Comment

Locusts should be fine.
          I mostly feed with crickets and roaches. Locusts rarely and haven't use mealworms in years...
          http://www.facebook.com/marko.sajovic

Comment

Do you think the size of locust I have will be ok for a 1cm sling.

Comment

I have small locusts 8mm-12mm in size what do you think.
              Do you think the size of locust I have will be ok for a 1cm sling.

NO. The locusts are around the same size as the sling.
              A suitable prey size would be number #2 brown cricket which are 3-4mm

Comment

Generally you feed a T prey that is no bigger than the size of the abdomen. That being said, some T's are very brave (maybe they were part of the '300' Spartans in a past life) and will tackle prey bigger than them, and what they can't eat they leave which should be removed.

I personally don't agree with locusts as being good feeding material for T's as it is quite difficult to gut load them properly to give your T all the nutrients it needs. Crickets and roaches tend to be better. However, in the wild T's eat what they can get their fangs into so technically you should be fine.

Comment

I would rather not feed my tarantulas than use locust's.
                  Only if they hadnt had anything to eat for a few months and i was really desperate and someone had a gun at my head would I use them . . . . and even then I would think twice.

Comment

Damn Peter, you really hate locusts lol.

Comment

Working...
                    X