I.mira breeding reports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I.mira breeding reports

I'm hoping one of you kind people will be able to point me in the right direction. I have a Af and fresh MM Idiothele mira. I don't seem to be able to find much on breeding them. Would anyone be able to point me in the right direction please?

I don't know if I'm using the search correctly as I'm relatively new to navigating the site and I don't seem to be coming up with anything. If anyone has a link I would be really grateful.

Comment

Hello Carly,

I've just breed this species, so I think I can help You with some info .

My adult female was mated on January, and lay the sac at the end of March. During mating I haven't observed any agresion against the male.
      Temperature in her container was 27-28 °C at the day, and 20 at night. Every 3-4 day I slightly misted part of the substrate (clay mixed with cocoo fiber).
      At the end of aprill I've noticed n2 in her burrow, so I took the female out and put every nimph in spearate container.

Remember to feed Your AF well before performing the mating.

Here You have some photos of my AF and the n2: http://arachnea.org/serwis/zdjecia-i...zecina-30.html

If You'll have any further questions feel free to ask .

Regards,

Grzegorz

Comment

Thank you so much Grzegorz! That information is very helpful and very much appreciated my female is well fed and it's good that there's not too much aggression with this sp, I worried about losing the MM on the first try. Did you plan to leave the sac with her for that long or is just that it's best to let nature take its course?

Comment

Well, to be honest I planned to take the sac away from her, but she opened it first .
          My female wasn't agressive but it's always better to be cautious .

And one missing information: I obtained 38 healthy spiderlings.

Cheers,

Comment

Thank you, you've been a great help! And congratulations on your own success. I only hope I can do the same

Many thanks again
            Carly

Comment

Working...
            X