Hapalopus Sp. Columbia (pumpkin patch) questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hapalopus Sp. Columbia (pumpkin patch) questions

Hi guys, i brought a Hapalopus Sp. Columbia (pumpkin patch) hes about 1cm sling from a great guy at the BTS expo but im having 0% luck finding any info about them on the internet. Its feeding great, already demolished half a dozen flys already i was just wondering if anyone can tell me how long they live? when i can be expecting molts ect ect?

I have a few of those little things. They are like most small species. Ferocious feeder, grow fast and probably don't live as many yeats as larger species.
    http://www.facebook.com/marko.sajovic

Comment

I think ive watched every video and trawled every website trying to find more info. They're a beautiful species and the first of many for me no doubt.

Comment

One reason there's so little information about these is because they are new to the hobby, so nobody has reliable information to share. However, I've raised 2 lots of these as I had about 30 of them. They are very hardy, great eaters, very undemanding and create great enclosures given the chance. They are also easy to breed which in a short space of time has led to the market being flooded by them. But, don't let that discourage you because these are little beauties.
        A tub the size of a yoghurt carton would be fine for the sling, a good inch of substrate which I soak and then let it dry out over a couple of weeks, plus some elevated sticks to encourage tubular webbing. You can rehouse in a cricket tub but I'd suggest you do so in the bath as these are a little skittish and fast on their feet!
        If you want really detailed information I suggest talking to Stuart Longhorn but the above has worked for me very well in a room that fluctuates around 75F.
        My Collection - Summer 2011

Comment

I am currently working on an article for the BTS journal on the pet trade Hapalopus sp. I have bred these a few times.

R

Comment

Working...
          X