Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Japanese Funnel Web Spider (Macrothele gigas)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Japanese Funnel Web Spider (Macrothele gigas)

Has anyone got any experience on these guys was thinking of getting one thanks

Originally posted by marksimcox View Post
    Has anyone got any experience on these guys was thinking of getting one thanks
    Research! There are papers out there regarding this spider, Not much about husbandry but there is an article in an older BTS journal about breeding them. Plenty of papers regarding venom toxicity and a paper about the spiders of Taiwan. This spider is not to be trifled with in any way and is not anything like a T! Some will disagree but I doubt any of them are willing to do a Baerg style experiment to prove my cautious nature wrong. You have to ask yourself the question why do you want it, What precautions are in place incase of escape and is it worth the possibilty of such in youre home? What experiences of spiders do you have already? what do you keep and why? How confident are you with your own spiders? Personally I don't think this animal is something to get into lightly even though some people seem not to care too much who they sell them too which for me is a ticking bomb waiting to go off. My tuppence worth is that they are facinating spiders but if you get tagged it's probably going to be one if not the most unbearable experiences of you're life and to that there will be concequences which can depending on you're own physical condition result in death.

Comment

Working...
    X