Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cyriocosmus perezmilesi and Neostenotarsus "Guyana", any info please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cyriocosmus perezmilesi and Neostenotarsus "Guyana", any info please?

I have just ordered one of each of these and am finding it difficult to find much info on them so if anyone keeps either could you please give me any tips you may have picked up.

From TSS ?

I keep Cyriocosmus and other dwarf slings under 1cm in vials with no ventilation (I have around 30 under 0.5cm ATM plus a few over) as the humidity is then kept at a steady and constant level. I just dribble a few drops of water into the substrate as and when needed, which is not very often as having no ventilation holes limits the moisture from escaping.
    For food I use micro crickets or newly born red runners . . . both types are head crushed before putting into vials as they are easily double the size of the slings but they eat them dead with no problems.

Hapalopus tristeriatus

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Roach View Post
      From TSS ?

I keep Cyriocosmus and other dwarf slings under 1cm in vials with no ventilation (I have around 30 under 0.5cm ATM plus a few over) as the humidity is then kept at a steady and constant level. I just dribble a few drops of water into the substrate as and when needed, which is not very often as having no ventilation holes limits the moisture from escaping.
      For food I use micro crickets or newly born red runners . . . both types are head crushed before putting into vials as they are easily double the size of the slings but they eat them dead with no problems.

Yes, from TSS.

I intended to keep them in vials but thank you for the tip of no ventilation holes. I have 2 K.brunnipes that are both around 0.5 cm so I may switch them to the same. They are eating pre-killed micro crickets at the moment with no problems and I've been dribbling water every 2-3 days.

Comment

Originally posted by Pauline Wallace View Post
        I've been dribbling water every 2-3 days.

I add 1-2 drops of water about every 3-4 weeks ??

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Roach View Post
          I add 1-2 drops of water about every 3-4 weeks ??
          Ok, thank you very much for your help.

Comment

Working...
          X