Haplopelma Schmidti

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haplopelma Schmidti

I would like to ask if anyone could post photos of their specimens at around 10cm DLS,if possible a sexed female. The reason for asking is,I'm still new at these and from what I have seen on the net my sexed female looks a bit too dark.

Originally posted by Martin Oosthuysen View Post
    The reason for asking is,I'm still new at these and from what I have seen on the net my sexed female looks a bit too dark.
    Tarantula's colouration is ENTIRELY depending on their age and at what point they are in their moult cycle and also to a smaller degree, the substrate they are kept on/in and they humidity they have been kept at.

Post a photo taken in good lighting (natural light is best)

Comment

Here is the specimen,it looks blue but is actually dark and molted 2-3 days before.
      Attached Files

Comment

Took this a few minutes ago,to mention something the blue that is seen to the naked eye it is dark almost black.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Martin Oosthuysen; 11-01-15, 09:09 PM.

Comment

Used no flash or flash light
          Attached Files

Comment

Dont forget that there is a dark (normal) form and a gold form.

Has it got white setae on the outside edges of the chelicera . . .like THIS

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Roach View Post
              Dont forget that there is a dark (normal) form and a gold form.

Has it got white setae on the outside edges of the chelicera . . .like THIS
              Hello
              Yes it does,seems to be more closely resembling the Haplopelma Hainanum due to those hairs.

Comment

The 2nd specimen also exhibiting the same white hair on the side of the chelicerae.
                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                X