Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recommendations for my second Tarantula please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you Peter. I'll try that for one of my Chilobrachys next time I rehouse!

Tristan, personnaly I would recommend you the M balfouri: mine is calmer than my Chilos. And she is really beautiful, goes out at dusk and webs a lot if you give her differents points to attach her silk. Fantastic sp.! Of course, take it with the Nhandu. You'll end up taking the three anyway, and many others more, because when you start...
    Come and visit us: http://mygales.esy.es

Comment

Originally posted by Nicolas Charrière View Post
      Thank you Peter. I'll try that for one of my Chilobrachys next time I rehouse!

Tristan, personnaly I would recommend you the M balfouri: mine is calmer than my Chilos. And she is really beautiful, goes out at dusk and webs a lot if you give her differents points to attach her silk. Fantastic sp.! Of course, take it with the Nhandu. You'll end up taking the three anyway, and many others more, because when you start...
      Thanks, For some reason I get into arguments every time I go to arachnoboards I once just asked whether it is normal for an avic to not like the touch of human skin after only being in the hobby for a week and they mobbed on me saying I was mistreating my T when all i did was let it walk on to my hand after which it swiftly left, they like to assume the absolute worst of people. No other forum reacts so dramatically It seems to me. Because of this I did overreact a little as my previous experiences with them that had left a grudge but I hope you don't look down on me for that. I think I'm just going to avoid them from now on. Thanks for the info ^_^

Comment

Well I finally got my Spiderlings!! Nhandu chromatus (1 cm) and C. fasciatum (1 inch). The nhandu is already having his first cricket though I didn't see the attack as it happened after I took these photos The fasciatum was a lot more calm and easy going than I thought it'd be so I let it walk onto my hand, so cute!
        Attached Files

Comment

Great Tristan, beautiful sp. you chose! One big and one tiny! Enjoy!!!

Comment

The nhandu chromatus at 1-2 cm escaped last night :'( I'm pretty ashamed. I've searched a lot but no luck, I very much doubt I'll find it.
            I was just about to go out to buy it some small crickets when I glanced over this morning and saw the lid was ever so slightly open, I searched the enclosure, eventually emptying it out with no luck. I then searched all nearby cracks and crevasses etc
            Last edited by Tristan John Canterbury; 13-04-15, 05:23 PM.

Comment

At 1-2 cm, it's tiny, very difficult to find it. It might as well be eaten be another animal... Anyway, try every dark places, behind books, furnitures, etc. Specially humid places (bathroom, utility room, etc.). Move everything very carefully to avoid crushing your T. You could also try to drop on the floor near the cage a humid towel and wait until next day: maybe it'll settle down under or in the towel... Good luck!

Comment

Well still nothing, my local shop had another Nhandu chromatus though and this ones a little bigger at 2-3 inches so I got him/her as a replacement. feels bad that I've given up but at the same time this guy is awesome
                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                X