molt problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• molt problem

hi everyone i think i may have a problem. you'll have to excuse me as i don't know all the scientific terms but i have a green bottle blue female that molted yesterday and it took her just over 12 hours to complete. the problem is on removing the molt from her tank i noticed only the legs and front of the underside were present. there was no carapace or abdomen present on the actual molt. ive had a good look at her and all seems to be intact like normal except when she moves she seems to stamp all her legs to get about and it looks like she seems to be dragging her abdomen. i cant find the rest of the molt so im presuming the carapace and abdomen has failed to come away. i just don't know what to do for the best as this hasn't happened before any advise would be much appreciated.

Hi Vincent, does her abdomen look like a fresh moult, as you know it splits at the top, is she webbing?

Comment

A photo speaks a thousand words (especially a good infocus and close up one )

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs Linda Street View Post
        Hi Vincent, does her abdomen look like a fresh moult, as you know it splits at the top, is she webbing?
        Hi linda sorry its taken a long time to reply had trouble with the Internet. The abdomen looks smaller and she still seems very lethargic after 4 days. I cant see no webbing on the ground she's hardly moving. If there is any of the old molt left on her its hard to see if you know what I mean.

Comment

hi pete sorry for the delay with the reply the Internets been playing up. I will try and get a photo on here I can't promise anything as I've tried before and couldn't get the photo on here. Thanks for getting back to me by the way.

Comment

A photo would be fine, indeed. As the molt begins with the cephalothorax splitting, it's hard to imagine that your T had put out the legs but not the head. Being lethargic after a molt could be completely normal, as the T is resting and should be left quiet. The upper cephalothorax could be just hidden somewhere in the enclosure, couldn't it? Anyway, I might be mistaken, then the photo will definitely help.
            Come and visit us: http://mygales.esy.es

Comment

Working...
            X