Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B. Smithi growth rate

Hi everyone,

Yesterday I got my first tarantula (it only took me two short years to convince my wife that this was a good idea), a B. Smithi of roughly 2.5 inches. I'm trying my hardest just to leave her/him alone and let her/him settle in. Luckily, I bought myself a very nice enclosure from the 'House of Spiders' online shop so that now, even though she/he (from now on let's pretend we know the sex) has tucked herself into the corner behind the fake foliage, I still have a great view of her. Check out the 'House of Spiders' website and you'll see what I mean. There is a question coming, I promise.
    I was wondering how long it would take for this spider to reach full size. Do they all grow at roughly the same rate or does it depend on the specimen? Any answers greatly received.

Originally posted by Paul Larke View Post
    I was wondering how long it would take for this spider to reach full size. Do they all grow at roughly the same rate or does it depend on the specimen?
    The growth rate will depend on the temperature it is kept at, the amount and frequency of food it is fed (and what the feeder insects are fed on) and the spiders genetics.

In general, males grow faster than females but just to confuse things . .not always To reach full size could take another 4-5 years . .or longer. (how long is a piece if string ?)

Comment

Working...
    X