No announcement yet.

Acanthocurria geniculata- correct care?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Acanthocurria geniculata- correct care?

Hi,

bought my 2nd tarantula at the AES show on Saturday. She is a female A. geniculata and is approx. 3 inches in length.

At present I have her in a plastic pet-pal measuring 4 inches by 6 inches. I assume this is a reasonable/correct size?
    I'm using a milk-bottle cap as a water dish, and am spraying the enclosure lightly every other day. The heat mat, 7 watts in voltage, is covering roughly half of the tank, positioned underneath the pet-pal.
    She's being fed on medium brown crickets, she'd fed just yesterday, but as it's apparent she's approaching a moult (her bald-patch is greyish), i'm holding her off food and only feeding her once a week.

Am I keeping her under the correct conditions?

All advice appreciated

HitokiriSessha

Sorry, forgot one thing....

Sorry,
    forgot to mention, she's being kept on a mixture of peat and vermiculite.

Comment

Sounds like you're doing just fine there

Take care with the misting, and ensure that there is adequate ventilation.

When you say 3", do you mean body size? or legspan?

If she is about to moult then usually the 'grey patch' to which you refer, will turn to black.
      Arachnophiles & Forum!

Comment

Id put the mat on the back of the tank and not underneath as advised by many BTS members. As for feeding just keep fedding her weekly or whatever and when she refuses it (after poss 24 hours?) then remove the cricket with a tweezers. Keep an eye out that if she does moult that there are no crickets in with her.

Comment

Working...
        X