Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bicolouratum/Bohemi

Can someone please give me the correct scientific name for a 'blood leg',
    I bought 2 at an astronomical price (I am not complaining, they are gorgeous creatures and worth the money). I have been told tonight by a spider keeping friend that they may be Bohemi, I thought that they were Bicolouratum as one of my books says blood legs are. They are large spiders, and I think one is male from it's last moult.
    Thanks
    Mary
    spider woman at Wilkinsons

Re: Bicolouratum/Bohemi

Originally posted by mary walters
    Can someone please give me the correct scientific name for a 'blood leg',
    I bought 2 at an astronomical price (I am not complaining, they are gorgeous creatures and worth the money). I have been told tonight by a spider keeping friend that they may be Bohemi, I thought that they were Bicolouratum as one of my books says blood legs are. They are large spiders, and I think one is male from it's last moult.
    Thanks
    Mary
    Mary
    Blood leg has been used for A, bicoloratum, post a picture of them and and you will know for sure which species you have, also worth noteing is the mature males of bicoloratum are browny-black hence the bicolor bit in the name.

Regards
    Mark

------------------------------------------------------
    Serious Ink tattoo studio -
    Discounts on tattoo's for BTS members
    My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

Hi Mark,
      I will get a photo posted this evening, this 'male' is bright red not browny black, hope I have got a pair.
      Mary

Comment

I got the photo's but how do I put them up.......help!!
        Mary

Comment

Mary
          You must host them somewhere first and then add a link to then using the Img button, drop in the link to the image then close the tags.

If you do not anywhere to host them email to me and I will host them on the bts server, and supply you the link.

Images should be 72 or 96 dpi and no wider than 500 pixels.

Cheers
          Mark

------------------------------------------------------
          Serious Ink tattoo studio -
          Discounts on tattoo's for BTS members
          My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

Hiya Mary

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

I use them and its free. I have found them to be good

Comment

here's an old comparison pic, took a while to remember where i posted it
              they are quite easy to tell appart other than from appearance alone, B.boehmei will
              kick hairs at the slightest disturbance as a defence and be in general very skittish, where as
              A.bicoloratum will less readilly kick hairs and as a defence posture will stand with the
              abdomen raised ready to kick hairs.

regards
              phil
              www.thetarantulastore.net

Comment

Hi Phil,
                Looks like they are Bohemi, I think 1 is male from it's moult, hopfully a pair, but I have a juvenile one too.
                The large ones have a 'sooty' appearance to the carapace.
                I will get them posted for id asap.
                Thanks, Mary

Comment

Working...
                X