Apophysis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apophysis

I have just been on a website that I literally stumbled upon, on it is an old thread on Apophysis. There is a photo of male and female, I have sexed ours by the exuvium and it has no 'leaf', so I assume that it is a male. The female photo on this site has a 'shiny piece' on it's butt,ours has this, but the skin says male. I'm totally confused now as I have a list waiting for him , if it is him, HELP!!!!!!!!!
    Mary
    spider woman at Wilkinsons

Dont panic Mary. If you have sexed it by the correct method and are confident you are correct then have faith in you ability.

If in doubt you could always ask one of the Sexing Practitioners to check it out.

I havnt seen the photo, where is it? But as we all know sexing or ID'ing from photos is not recommended .
    British Tarantula Society - Join today safe and secure online

[B]
    The 29th BTS Annual Exhibition
    On
    [B]Sunday 18th May 2014[B]

Comment

Hi Ray,
      I haven't posted a photo for the simple reason I am no computer whizzkid,I can email photos to individuals but can't for the life of me put them up on here. I am confident the spider is male from the skin and the fact that it is 'weedy'compared to our blondi female, it hasn't made a sperm web yet that we have seen.
      Thanks Ray,
      Mary
      BTW they won't let us wear our shirts for filming.

Comment

Awww no way Mary thats rubbish isnt it! They should let you wear some kind of spid tshirt tho?

I didnt realise your boy had matured Mary....I thought he was still a sub

Comment

Hi Layla,
          He is still a sub, fiesty devil too,just tried to get him out of his pot to take a photo for one of the lads having him after you, struck at everything, won't come out to play!!!!! I have a list of people waiting for him, will let you have names with spid.

Mary

Comment

Working...
          X