Poecilotheria Fasciata legspan.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poecilotheria Fasciata legspan.

My female P.Fasciata decided to surprise us all with a moult today. She does look absolutely stunning now, with a slight purple sheen to her carapace in the correct light.

I was just wondering what the maximum legspan should be? I was under the impression that pokies stopped about 6", apart from rufilata, but my poke is now a 6.5" monster!

I'll try to grab some pictures later, but i have to go to the cinema now

~Neil
    And he piled upon the whale's white hump, the sum of all the rage and hate felt by his whole race. If his chest had been a cannon, he would have shot his heart upon it.

First up a ventral view, front tip to back is 6" easily, so with all her legs straight she'd be around 6.5"

And a dorsal view, showing the lovely purple tinge to her

Is she really a monster then?
    And he piled upon the whale's white hump, the sum of all the rage and hate felt by his whole race. If his chest had been a cannon, he would have shot his heart upon it.

Comment

Hiya neil. Our AF formosa is about 6.5" and our Af rufilata is about 7". All our fasciata are juvs at the mo so not sure how big they are supposed to be. I think the 6" thing may just be an average.

Comment

This is the first time she's had the purple sheen, so perhaps that was her ultimate moult ?

Comment

The Purple i wouldnt take as a sighn of maturity some of my adult females dont ahve the colour but produce eggsacs.

I have a spare adult male if you want to try to breed them?.
          you can contact me through this site somehow but not sure how to and i dont check my PMs as i dont know where they are.

Depending on age food supply and wheather the female has been used for breeding may indicate the size she will get to.

obviously older females are bigger than younger, if they have been heavily fed throught thier lives they will tend to get bigger than ones on a basic diet, and if she has been mated and produced an eggsac (or 2) much of the females body fat will go into feeding the female while she is looking after the eggsac. I think there might also be a relationship between body fat mass and the capability to produce eggsacs, but dont have too much proof at present.

Comment

We are looking to breed from her yes, but not until we've moved house. Right now she lives in the study on top of my computer, and she does see a lot of disturbance.

Should be looking to move house come april time i think.

Comment

my mature male rufilata is about 8 inch
              [img][/img]
              CedriKirdec

Kirdec Tarantula's

Comment

SO you have decided its definatley mature then lol.

Comment

Working...
                X