My green bottle is starting to get me concerned

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My green bottle is starting to get me concerned

My 4" leg span green bottle blue moulted on the 16th and still refuses to eat, this is most unlike both this T and the species in my experiance, any ideas whats going on? I have tried it on crickets, hoppers and wax worms to no effect. As far as I can see the fangs are fine but in case I am missing something what should I be looking for to tell if they are damaged?

I think she's fine hon
    And he piled upon the whale's white hump, the sum of all the rage and hate felt by his whole race. If his chest had been a cannon, he would have shot his heart upon it.

Comment

sounds normal to me. Just make sure the spider is watered often. You should have no problems.

Comment

Thats what i keep telling her. I looked it over when i got in tonight, and i can't see anything wrong with it at all. Sure it's a bit thin, but it only moulted 8 days ago, so that's to be expected.
        And he piled upon the whale's white hump, the sum of all the rage and hate felt by his whole race. If his chest had been a cannon, he would have shot his heart upon it.

Comment

I know it looks fine but Its just not normal for a green bottle blue to refuse food like it has been and I a bit paranoid cause of the purpura not eatting and dying.

Comment

a none eatting spider is normally an unhappy one unless its pre moult which is not the case this time.

Comment

It takes most adult t's at least a week normally to get over a moult. some more some less. Dont worry about it just yet.

Comment

Originally posted by sarah.s
                I know it looks fine but Its just not normal for a green bottle blue to refuse food like it has been and I a bit paranoid cause of the purpura not eatting and dying.
                I find my adult dont eat much either. the slings and juviniles are good eaters but i find here appitite slows down the older they get.

Visit my web site @ http://www.gwrightstarantulacare.co.uk

Comment

At 4" legspan from what I understand this specimin is not adult yet, females reach upto 6"legspan from what I have read. Unless this infomation is incorrect.

Comment

Hi Sarah,

My GBB moulted a few months back and was approximately 4" or so prior to the moult, she took around 2-3 weeks before restarting feeding, I did offer food prior to that but to no avail.

As the others have said, if she's fine, then she just needs a while longer.

Hope this helps!

Howard

Comment

Nods yeah it does help thanks huk. I just got a bit panicky as it was not her normal way of being post moult, and as I said before I just lost a purpra to not eatting. and my little lady was 3" before her moult she now has a 4" legspan. I guess she is doing the change to adult appitie now insteed of when she matures the little git. Why oh why do I always get the little git types?

Comment

Originally posted by sarah.s
                        At 4" legspan from what I understand this specimin is not adult yet, females reach upto 6"legspan from what I have read. Unless this infomation is incorrect.
                        I thik more like 5 inches I had a larger female once but I still dont think it was 6 inches

Visit my web site @ http://www.gwrightstarantulacare.co.uk

Comment

fair nough graham I just going on what I found the only two care sheets there seem to be avalible one of which said upto 6" legspan I guess its like all T's there is always the odd monster.

Comment

Working...
                          X