C.cyanopubesens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C.cyanopubesens

Does anyone have any ventral abdominal veiws of old skins for this species that can help with sexing at all? As I am struggling to find either male or female features on the skins of the two 4 to 5 inch leg span specimins I have at this time. As of this time the lack of any features at all is making me tend towards them being male, however in younger skins they looked to be female. Thanks in advance if there is anyone who can help out.

Hi Sarah,

there's a pic HERE.
    Guy...
    www.giantspiders.com

Comment

Hello!

Some other pics can be found >>> here <<<.

Regards,
      Uwe
      Nullum magnum ingenium sine mixtura dementiae fuit.

Comment

Thanks for the help both of you I am still not fully sure but am 95% sure they are male for now. Looks like I will be looking for some lucky ladies soon.

Comment

Hi Sarah,

My female C.cyaneo is now around the 6" mark, but I sexed her skin when it was around 4" and the Spermathecae were very obvious even to the naked eye, there was a prominant flap/leaf sticking up. Actually she recently moulted again, unfortunately I do not still have the skin as I would have happily sent it to you...................sorry!

Hope this helps,

Howard

Comment

It does thanks muchy for the info looks like I def got two males on my hands was hopping at least one would be female when I got them. Oh well if anyone has any sub adult or adult females I will have two mature males in a few months or so.

Comment

Working...
            X