Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New spider

Hey all,

I just purchased an adult female Chile Rose Tarantula. She should be here soon, but if the weather is too cold the arrival will be postponed. Hopefully they'll add a heat pack to keep her warm. I purchased the whole kit too. Any ideas on a name?

My other spider, a female juvenile Mexican Red Knee, has not been eating for almost of month now. I think that she's in a pre-moult, and whenever I try and feed her, she just ignores the cricket or runs away.

Thanks everybody,

~Chris

Re: New spider

Originally posted by Sirunus
    Hey all,

I just purchased an adult female Chile Rose Tarantula. She should be here soon, but if the weather is too cold the arrival will be postponed. Hopefully they'll add a heat pack to keep her warm. I purchased the whole kit too. Any ideas on a name?
    Congrats on the new purchase. What exactly does 'the whole kit' comprise of?

As for a name, how about 'Rosa'? or 'Camillia'?

Originally posted by Sirunus
    My other spider, a female juvenile Mexican Red Knee, has not been eating for almost of month now. I think that she's in a pre-moult, and whenever I try and feed her, she just ignores the cricket or runs away.
    ~Chris
    This behaviour does not sound unusual, as long as the rump is in good proportion to the rest of her, and there is fresh water available; then you need not worry
    Arachnophiles & Forum!

Comment

I ordered a configurable set. My set consists of: a tank, a bag of substrate, silk ficus plant, a piece of natural cork bark, a water dish, a cave hide, a heat mat, a hygrometer and a thermometer, and of course, the spider herself. I edited out the stuff I didn't need, because I already have them.

But it dosen't look good because of bad weather conditions. The weather is too cold for them to send livestock. This was my only chance to be at home to receive the order until I go back to college on Tuesday, where I will be very rarely there to receive the order unless I take a day off or something. I suppose I could've waited till half term, but last time I did that, the spider I wanted sold out! I suppose there's nothing really I can do.

My Mexican Red Knee is still pretty plump, despite not eating anything, and does nothing all day but sit next to the heat mat (if it wasn't for that heat mat, I'd probably never see her!) I have a feeling she's going to moult pretty soon, she'll probably be nearing sub-adult size after this moult (her legspan is currently 9-10cm).

Thanks,

~Chris

PS: I've decided to call my Rosie "Mallorie".

Comment

Congrats on your purchase..

Sounds as if the Red Knee is premoult and nothoing to worry about.

Good luck with the Chile.

Ray Hale
        British Tarantula Society - Join today safe and secure online

[B]
        The 29th BTS Annual Exhibition
        On
        [B]Sunday 18th May 2014[B]

Comment

Working...
        X