• happy new year

Happy new year to all members

phil & tracy
    regards
    phil
    www.thetarantulastore.net

I had this idea for a thread too :P

HAPPY NEW YEAR!! from me and sarah.
    And he piled upon the whale's white hump, the sum of all the rage and hate felt by his whole race. If his chest had been a cannon, he would have shot his heart upon it.

Comment

Happy New All!
      Lets hope its a wonderfull new year full of new discoverys, greater knowledge and captive breeding of *rare or just hard get species.

All the best
      Mark & Kim

* Rare in the hobby does not mean that they are rare in the wild.

------------------------------------------------------
      Serious Ink tattoo studio -
      Discounts on tattoo's for BTS members
      My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

Happy new Year

Visit my web site @ http://www.gwrightstarantulacare.co.uk

Comment

Happy new year to all pals old and new.
          Mary and Trev
          spider woman at Wilkinsons

Comment

HAPPY NEW YEAR

Susan and I echo the thoughts of those above. Let's make 2006 another brilliant year for the hobby and allow me for a moment to reflect upon last year. The lectures and dinner were a raging success and Mark and Kim have established the date as a 'must attend' for anyone who wants to meet friends, learn new things and enjoy a good meal. It was tremendous value for money with a diverse range of topics being dicussed.

Then there was the BTS Exhibition. More people than ever attended and the variety of spiders and scorpions available was inspiring. Credit goes to all who breed tarantulas not for the money, but the joy of it and the opportunity to distribute them to enthusiasts throughout the hobby. Mary and Trev winning the breeding trophy was for me, the highlight of the year. Angela and Ray deserve much credit, along with their merry band of helpers. (If you can help put tables away next year, Ray will appreciate it greatly!)

The merchandise was revamped and new designs put on tee shirts, as well as other items that have proved particularly popular. The web site has changed for the better and continues to be the place where people seeking serious and informed answers to questions prefer to visit. The journal is now full colour and packed with interesting information on a variety of subjects.

The BTS committee agreed and published it's mission statement for all to see. This gives the Society clear purpose for it's business. We have welcomed new members to the committee, which brings more diversity and experience. Ed Chase left us and we wish him well.

Hey, even Stan Lee, the original writer of 'spiderman' became a member! Well done to Martin for 'capturing' him.

And finally, you the members have played your part. By writing to the journal, attending the exhibition and the lectures and participating on this web site you make the spider world go round. You will doubtless be pleased to be assured that under the leadership of our chairman Andrew Smith, the committee has very worked hard (on a voluntary basis) but without the members, there is no Society.

If you are able to, try to bring some new members to the fold in 2006. Spread the good word about our Society whenever and wherever you can.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL, MAY YOU GO INTO 2006 WITH A SPRING IN YOUR STEP AND A SONG ON YOUR LIPS.

Comment

wow what a post to follow .
              Happy New year and may you all have a spider filled 2006 and all the successes you want with them.

Comment

Carl, thank you for saying that about our winning the breeding trophy, it was great for us too, we are now going into the breeding more after that sucess, trouble is most of our mateds have moulted to no avail, but we keep trying. We are even building a spider room in part of the garage. This year I hope to retire and devote myself to my brachy breeding project. Love to you and Susan, see you at Kettering???
                Mary and Trev.

Comment

Mary we know all to well about the moulting thing. Had 3 bad girls of late. An Avic versi mated AF died, H minax mated-moulted and male is dead and now our P rufilata AF moulted (altho we dont mind as she is absoloutley stunning!).
                  On a good note our H incei dropped a sac today. Our 3rd ever sac. First was good. Second never hatched and now this one. Fingers crossed for you this year and your Brachy breeding project. I am hoping to have some breeding success with Brachys myself this year but knowing our luck they will moult !

Comment

KETTERING

Mary,
                    Hope to be at Kettering - I have no idea of the date it is to be held though?
                    Carl

Comment

The 2006 show will be held on April 2nd 2006. Same location as before. Hope to see you there!
                      And he piled upon the whale's white hump, the sum of all the rage and hate felt by his whole race. If his chest had been a cannon, he would have shot his heart upon it.

Comment

KETTERING

Thank you Neil. It is now in the diary.

Comment

I thought it was us that had no luck, 7 matings, 5 moult outs. The lividum and auriostriata are still going though. We mated bohemi christmas day, fingers crossed.
                          Mary

Comment

You mated aureostriata? You brave woman! We had 768 slings hatch outta our sack! I had to beg off several people (thanks marie) for pots lol. Good luck with them.

Comment

______
                              friendly, Michael
                              theraphosidae@free.fr

Comment

Working...
                              X