Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Andrew, welcome to the forum. Similar experiences with the Apophysis, but not as serious, maybe humidity related. Agree about the Robustrum, our adult female is very secretive, and at the slightest noise or disturbance adapts a 'bottom in the air, head in the corner' reaction. lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mrs Linda Street View Post
      Hi Andrew, welcome to the forum. Similar experiences with the Apophysis, but not as serious, maybe humidity related. Agree about the Robustrum, our adult female is very secretive, and at the slightest noise or disturbance adapts a 'bottom in the air, head in the corner' reaction. lol.
      Hi linda and thanks for the welcome ! , In the case of the Blondi moult, as far as I know the humidity was about right (70-75% ?) haven't had any hassles with Apophysis at these sorts of humidities but that could be me generalising the two as being similar. Any advice on this would be most welcome (I.E. 80+% for Blondi ?) in case I get another in future this is why I joined up with you guys to get personal experiences from others on their setups and insights

Additionally have you seen your Robustum bounce up and down on the spot while agitated yet ? had it during a terrarium clean out, and was fun to watch !

Best regards,
      Andy.

Comment

• Hi Andy, yes I higher the humidity as soon as they go into premoult to about 80+%, we are also bringing up 2 Blondi slings, they have just had their 4th moult, and one of those had a bit of trouble getting the skin detatched from a small patch on the rear of it's abdo which did come away after about 48 hrs. I must say the slings are fascinating, their growth rate is unbelieveable, these babies are eating standard sized crickets and small wax worms.

Your Robustrum got rhythm lol.

Comment

• Sounds very similar to what happened to mine, except the moult didn't fall off after 48 hrs and seemed "fused" for lack of a better expression to it. The skin underneath needed to expand over the next cple of weeks and the previous moulted skin prevented this, and I think caused some kind of rupture/haemmoraging of some kind If I see it again I may be tempted to try to carefully remove any stuck on skin with flat nosed tweezers while the T is still resting after the moult and not as easily frightened, while the exuvium is still fresh and wet. Anyone tried this ? I'm guessing this scenario may not be limited to just Blondi ?

Comment

• Hello everyone.
            I'm new here, so i thought that i should introduce myself
            So my name is Milosz Janula and i am a Biology student from Jagiellonian
            University in Krakow. I'm breeding birdeaters for about year, and my "husbandry"
            is getting bigger and bigger despite of typical student-conditions.
            For now i have:
            Adult females:
            Psalmopoeus pulcher (and waiting for spiderlings)
            Psalmopoeus cambridgei (while mating)
            Grammostola alticeps (waiting for mating)
            And about 10 subadults of various species.
            I'm interested in Theraposidae biology, and genetics (i'm specializing in genetics).

I hope that i will find many answers for my questions,and i would be very pleased
            with helping someone with his, as You call them here, T's.

All best
            Milosz
            We are what we breed...

Comment

• Hi Milosz, welcome to the BTS forum and wish you well with your breeding programmes, I am sure you will find lots of interest and hopefully helpful answers to some of your questions

Comment

• Hi guys im Peter, obviously new here so thought I would say hi some may know me from Arachnophiles.
                I keep snakes, scorpions and tarantulas atm I keep around 30 + various tarantulas although I only started keeping t's around two months or so ago..

I have below but looking for alot of other sp:

3 NCF Grammostola Rosea 1.2(1 Mated Female)
                3 RCF Grammostola Rosea 0.1.2
                1 Chromatopelma cyanopubescens 0.0.1
                1 Grammostola Aureostriata 0.1.0
                1 TCF Pterinochilus Murinus 0.0.1
                2 RCF Pterinchilus Murinus 0.1.1
                1 Hemericus sp Guyana 0.1.0
                1 Acanthoscurria Geniculata 0.0.1
                2 Aphonopelma Iodius 0.0.2
                3 Psalmopoeus cambridgei 0.0.3
                1 Poecilotheria Regalis 1.0.0 (MM on 50/50 loan)
                3 Brachypelma Vagans 0.0.3
                1 Brachypelma Smithi 0.1.0(Looking for a MM)
                1 Heteroscodra Maculata 0.0.1
                1 Haplopelma Minax 0.1.0
                1 Haplopelma Albostriatum 0.1.0 (15 Coming)
                3 Avicularia Versicolor 0.1.2(1 other AF coming, and a MM for 50/50)
                2 Avicularia Purpurea 1.0.1(MM going to two females for 50/50)
                1 Avicularia sp Avicularia 0.0.1
                2 Avicularia Braunshauseni 1.1.0(Possibly Gravid Female)
                2 Avicularia sp Kwitara 1.1.0(Mating at the weekend)
                1 Avicularia Minatrix 0.1.0(MM coming for 50/50)
                2 Aphonopelma Seemani 0.0.2
                1 Brachypelma Boehmei 0.0.1
                2 Brachypelma Emilia 0.0.2
                1 Nhandu Chromatus 0.0.1

Scorpions:

3 Pandinus Imperator [Emperor Scorpions] < One looks possibly gravid from being kept communally.

Peter.
                Last edited by Peter Smith; 28-02-09, 05:28 PM.

Comment

• Hey Peter

Lovely to see you across here!

Let me know how you get on with your Kwitara's at the weekend i tried Monday night she ran away from the male bigtime but shes small so i dont think shes just quite ready yet

Lynn

Comment

• Originally posted by lynn mawdesley View Post
                    Hey Peter

Lovely to see you across here!

Let me know how you get on with your Kwitara's at the weekend i tried Monday night she ran away from the male bigtime but shes small so i dont think shes just quite ready yet

Lynn

Hi Lynn,

Thanks I will do.. my female is huge im sure she will be big enough lol xD

Peter.

Comment

• Hi Peter, welcome to the forum.

Comment

• Hi Linda thanks

Comment

• Welcome Peter
                          Proud owner of 100+ Beautiful T's and other pets

Comment

• Originally posted by Leanne King-Smith View Post
                            Welcome Peter

Hi Leanne,

Thanks

Comment

• Hello from a total novice

Hello to all,
                              I am Karl and have been fascinated by tarantulas since getting my son one at christmas, we now have two 1 a chile rose and a mexican red knee, sorry not clued up on the latin naming yet. Both apparently were suitable for novice keepers, have joind the site to gain some well needed knowledge and incase we run into any problems!
                              Great site and very informative.

Comment

• Originally posted by kn morris View Post
                                Hello to all,
                                I am Karl and have been fascinated by tarantulas since getting my son one at christmas, we now have two 1 a chile rose and a mexican red knee, sorry not clued up on the latin naming yet. Both apparently were suitable for novice keepers, have joind the site to gain some well needed knowledge and incase we run into any problems!
                                Great site and very informative.

Hi Karl,

Im also new obviously nice choices of t's tbh, btw Mexican red knee the scientific name is Brachypelma Smithi and Chile rose is Grammostola Rosea

Peter.

Comment

Working...
                                X