This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poor Old Lady

But James I am just a poor little old lady lol and they are still all MIIIINE!!!! lol lol
    My Collection: - Support captive breeding

"If it doesnt kill you, it only makes you stronger"

Comment

• not if i beat you to it!
      whoops, we'd better behave, on the introductions thread after all

John, hope you enjoy it on the BTS forum!
      Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
      -Martin Luther King Jr.

<-Black Metal Contra Mundum->

Comment

• See you there

Yes James need to feed us both now so Look forwrds to seeing you all there, Look me up and say Hello.

"If it doesnt kill you, it only makes you stronger"

Comment

• hi everyone my name is john i am 44 and live in south west london,i am new to collecting tarantulas but have allways had a fascination with all animals from an early age,i watch nature documentries religously and also like sudoku fun and scrabble [internet scrabble club],my main hobby for the last 3 years has been the white stripes of which i have a pretty radical collection of records,posters and stuff like that.i got my first tarantula about 5 weeks ago which was a eupalestrus campestratus [pzb]about 25mm in size , i have 8 already my favourites being my lovely grammastola pulchras 2 [bb]which are brilliant to watch and my avicularia versicolour"blue"[mpt]who is about 70mm ,i did not want to get any arboreals yet but when i saw it ,it had to be mine .i must confess i have lost a nhandu chromatus[wsb] it was so tiny , i thought i had it safely in its new home after getting it delivered ,i never saw it so after 2 weeks i transferred its soil to a larger container and sifted gently through but could not find it,basically i think i never actually got it in the pot ,anyway i feel bad about it and will stay away from tiny spiderlings until i am more experienced ,the other nhandu chromatus i have is fine,one other thing i have to comment on was the nasty suprise after looking at micro crickets under a microscope and seeing parasitic mites eating them is gruesome,there is not a lot of info about these type of mites on the net so i guess they are not harmfull to tarantulas,the other tarantulas i have are a 15mm ceratogyrus marshalli ,a 15mm brachypelma albicpes, and a 10 mm brachypelma smithy. anyway i think i am hooked and i am happy to be part of the tarantula collecting community and hope i can be a benefit to it ,although i am not much of a poster on forums i love to trawl for information so this place is great,thanks for having me

Comment

• Welcome to the forum John
            You might want to read this thread concerning mites, notably the reply by Nick L.
            My Collection - Summer 2011

Comment

• Hi John, welcome to the forum, I'm sure you'll find lots to interest you

Comment

• Hello

Hello to all. I'm rather new to this whole spider thing, having been a typical girly girl for most of my childhood and been quite afraid of them. But a good friend of mine gave me some wise advice a couple of years back, if you're afraid of something then study it and once you understand it you'll stop being afraid. And then he gave me a beautiful Chile Rose for christmas. I am a dog trainer by profession so this is all fairly new to me, but I help out at the pet shop where my friend works and get to help with the care of the various creepies and reptiles and I'm learning loads. And he warned me that spiders are addictive. And oh boy was he right! Anyhows, I'm in East Yorkshire, know pretty much next to nowt about spiders other than I think they're fabulous and I'll probably irritate the heck out of you all asking the stupidest questions ever. But I was the same ten years back when I started training dogs and now I have a degree in the subject.... Can you get a degree in spiggys?!

Comment

• Hi Everyone , I am new here! I have been keeping tarantulas for a couple years now that the kids have moved out i finally get to do what I want too . I only like to keep a small'ish collection, I have a few adult's that I want to breed but the others I get as slings and I love to watch them grow, the moulting process is just amazing, and once they get too big I sell them on, it gives me the opportunity to enjoy a variety of different T's whilst still keeping my space not too crowded but enjoyable.
                  Regards
                  Vicky

Comment

• Hi John, Beth and Vicky. Welcome to the Forums

AndyZoo
                    Collection:-
                    Theraphosa blondi 1.0.0
                    Poecilotheria ornata 0.0.1
                    Avicularia versicolour 0.0.1
                    Citharischius crawshayi 0.0.3
                    Brachypelma schroederi 0.0.1
                    Brachypelma smithi 0.0.2
                    Nhandu chromatus 0.0.3
                    Grammastola pulchripes 0.0.1
                    Grammastola spatulata 0.1.0

Comment

• Hi from me too.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Hi Karen,
                        nice to find another from my area!

Comment

• Hi Vicky.....

good to see someone from nearby too.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Hi Beth & Vicky, welcome to the forum, and the interesting world of tarantulas

Comment

• hi all,
                              well its been 20 or so years since i last kept tarantulas , and I am just starting out again in this fantastic and fascinating hobby ,cant believe how many different T's are now available and fairly easily to
                              i have a "thing " for baboon spiders as these were the last species i kept so I'm the proud owner of
                              1 adult female pterinochilus lugardi
                              2 C. crawshayi (just as feisty as i remember) only young about 4-6 Cm's
                              starting to plan next purchases already ,B.T.S show will be the next place to go ,what have I let myself in for can see the bank managers face already
                              Tim

Comment

• Hi Tim, welcome to the Forum..

The internet is a wonerful thing when you have a hobby like this, as you say
                                the availability of So many different T species is irresistible......

" A loan for what? " Says the bank manager.....

AndyZoo
                                Collection:-
                                Theraphosa blondi 1.0.0
                                Poecilotheria ornata 0.0.1
                                Avicularia versicolour 0.0.1
                                Citharischius crawshayi 0.0.3
                                Brachypelma schroederi 0.0.1
                                Brachypelma smithi 0.0.2
                                Nhandu chromatus 0.0.3
                                Grammastola pulchripes 0.0.1
                                Grammastola spatulata 0.1.0

Comment