X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peter Roach
    replied
    Originally posted by Jamesie Mitchell View Post
    Hello guys, I would say I'm new to the forum but I have actually been on and off for the last 7 years, but low and behold, today I took the plunge and purchased my first T. A beautiful little Euathlus sp. Red sling, ridiculously excited to actually be a part of the hobby now and can't wait to learn more!

Welcome back

er . . . . you do realise that Euathlus grow slower than rocks and it could be 3-4 years before your sling doubles it present size !

Leave a comment:

• Jamesie Mitchell
    replied
    Hello guys, I would say I'm new to the forum but I have actually been on and off for the last 7 years, but low and behold, today I took the plunge and purchased my first T. A beautiful little Euathlus sp. Red sling, ridiculously excited to actually be a part of the hobby now and can't wait to learn more!

Leave a comment:

• Nicolas Charrière
    replied
    E campestratus is an excellent first choice (but grow veeeeeeeery slow!). As are Euathlus sp. if you don't mind them to be not so big. Otherwise, the classic answer would be: Grammostola spp. or Brachypelma spp. are good first terrestrial T. For arboreal, Avicularia spp. are good first T.

Anyway, the final risk is: in less than one year, you will have more than thirty different species in your little home! Who said: addictive?!

Leave a comment:

• edwardlim
    replied
    Hi guys, Im new here and I very interested in getting involved with some new tarantulas. I've heard that Eupalaestrus Campestratus are a good one to start with. Any suggestions?

Leave a comment:

• Rachel Drewery
    replied
    Just thought I would say Hello to all of you. I have only owned tarantulas for about a year now and I can not wait to own a few more of theses fascinating creatures. I can spend hours just watching them move things around in their homes. I didn't realise that they could actually carry dirt around let alone a plastic water dish lol.
    I only have a few at the moment.
    My T's so far, G. Pulchripes , C. Cyaneopubescens, B. Vagans, B. Albopilosum, B. boehmei, L. parahybana.
    Of course I have other pets including snakes and lizards along with the more usual pets

Look forward to chatting with you sharing my opinion and hopefully learning alot from the more experienced members.

Leave a comment:

• Mrs Linda Street
    replied
    Welcome back Patti, the L. Parahybana are a great T, robust, long lived and grow to a good size.

Leave a comment:

• Mrs Linda Street
    replied
    Hi Sam, welcome to the forum, you've got a good selection there, they do tend to be addictive, once you start,

Leave a comment:

• Patti Gardner
    replied
    This is actually a re-introduction, as I first joined this board several years ago. I had several Brachypelmas and a G. rosea back then. I'm back again, with a Mexican Orangebeauty (B. baumgarteni) and planning to acquire an arboreal species (still deciding which) and a L. parahybana. I'd like to learn how to keep species that have different housing needs and characteristics.

Looking forward to reading posts and learning new things! I'm no fount of tarantular wisdom (yet) but I'll be sure to put in my two cents when I can.

Leave a comment:

• Sam Taylor
    replied
    Hello everyone,
    Thought i should finally introduce myself as i have been a member since last October but have not posted yet.
    I have not been in the hobby that long but think i have quite a good collection so far with 35 t's.
    I currently have
    Avicularia Versicolour
    Avicularia Avicularia x 2
    Avicularia sp Purpurea
    Avicularia Minatrix
    Avicularia Diversipes

Brachypelma Smithi
    Brachypelma Klaasi
    Brachypelma Albopilosum x 3

Monocentropus Balfouri

Gramastola Porteri x 3
    Gramastola Pulchrapes x3

Poecilotheria Smithi
    Poecilotheria Hhanumavilasumica
    Poecilotheria Ornata
    Poecilotheria Tigrinawesseli
    Poecilotheria Subfusca H/L
    Poecilotheria Vitatta
    Poecilotheria Regalis
    Poecilotheria Striata

Psalmopoeus Reduncus
    Psalmopoeus Cambridgei

Lasiodora Parahybana x 2

Haplopelma Vonworthi
    Haplopelma Lividum

Pterinochilus Murinus x 2

Tapinauchenius Cupreus

Just looking to learn and help out anyone i can.

cheers
    Sam

Leave a comment:

• Jennifer Wallace
    replied
    Hello all,

I'm Jenny, from Lincolnshire and new to tarantulas - after wanting to get into the hobby for several years!

Got my first T, a Grammostola rosea a few weeks ago and now have a Brachypelma boehmei on the way at the weekend. I can see how addictive the hobby gets - forming a wish list already! Bought my membership of the BTS last week.

Looking forward to learning loads more.

Thanks,

Jenny

Leave a comment:

• CedricPicard
    replied
    Howdy!

My name is Cedric, 39. I'm originally from France, but have lived in Ireland for 17 years.

I recently acquired my first 3 spiderlings : a grammostola smithi, grammostola pulchra and avicularia versicolor. I also have a strong fascination for chromatopelma cyanopubescens and lampropelma violaceopes, I've been reading and watching a lot of information about those fascinating creatures for the past year.

Outside of the spider world, I work as a software consultant, and am also an amateur soccer table player.

I would consider myself a total novice, but I hope to learn from reading and discussing with other members on this forum,

Looking forward to meeting you all!

Leave a comment:

• Deon Pierre Viljoen
    replied
    Hi everyone,
    My name is Deon and I'm a tarantaholic from South Africa. I have been in the hobby for a while and have a special fascination with big terrestrials. I am active on a few local forums and administrator on TCSA (The Tarantula Club of South Africa), a non profit club with forum on facebook. I keep 26 T's presently and I'm always learning and sharing knowledge locally. I have considered joining BTS for some time and finally got around to it. I hope to get answers here that evade us in South Africa, because the hobby is still very young here.

Leave a comment:

• Mike Dawkins
    replied
    Hullo
    my names mike; been into the hobby for a fair few years, only just bought a membership
    used to help my dad with his Ts and now have a collection of my own!
    (17..... For now)

im hoping to jump into the mix and help promote others in this fascinating and highly addictive hobby
    although I love all Ts I have a weakness for any poecilotheria species.. And blue coloured Ts!! (Hence why I'm crazed with the P.Mets haha)

Look forward to seeing/meeting peeps at the next lecture / exhibition! (I don't have many friends who share the same enthusiasm for these gorgeous creatures and need some people in my life that do
    If anyone's interested as I haven't had my membership through fully yet, I have a MM P.Ornata and Hetercrates gigas so let me know

Leave a comment:

• Michael Trueman
    replied
    Since my last post the number of tarantulas I own has doubled to eight.
    I went to pick up an Acanthoscurria geniculata and a Psalmopoeus irminia last night and came back with another two also (Brachypelma albopilosum and Brachypelma vagans slings).

Leave a comment:

• Michael Trueman
    replied
    Hello all,

My name's Michael and I'm a new member of the BTS.
    I have only recently got into the hobby.
    I discovered the BTS from several books I was reading, so I decided to come and have a look and signed up.

At the moment I only have four tarantulas (Avicularia versicolor, Brachypelma smithi, Hapalopus sp Colombia and a Pterinochilus murinus), but I'm sure the number won't stay that low for long.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X