Brachypelma boehmei laying eggs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brachypelma boehmei laying eggs

I feel honoured to have watched this happen so clearly today. After about 3 days of webbing and resting my girl, Lola, has finally decided to un cross her legs and lay some eggs.

Unfortunatley in true style the daft mare has done it a bit too close to the edge and we are worried about contamination of the sack with substrate.
    The picture was taken after about 20 seconds of her gooey eggs coming out and it lasted for about 2 minutes.
    I wanted to share the picture as its not something you seem to come across very often. Even thought we have caught a glimpse of one of our other girls doing this the plastic tub wasnt clear so we were both fascinated watching her do this. Of course the torch was only on for a second to get this picture then we watched her in low light so we did not disturb her.
    Fingers crossed all goes well.

Layla if all does go well Neil and I will be happy to take some of the resulting slings from you. It is time we started building up our brachys and got some new slings for me to look after, ours are all at the very small juvinile stage now except the curly hair and the A purp. Oh and pennywise moulted into a mature male GBB so your more than welcome to have him if you want him when the weather clears up.

Comment

Hi Sarah
      not sure if its gonna be a good one, thin web and not very well rolled. Will let you know. x

Comment

Great pic, its not very often you see pictures from that angle. I had no idea that was what the eggs looked like before incubating in the sac. Hope brings good results.

Comment

sack is dud.

Comment

Hugs you oh well it cant be helped our mature male GBB seems to have done his sperm web, so his yours if you want him Layla you have first refusal anyways. Let neil or me know if you want him next time you get a chance

Comment

Working...
            X