Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Introduction from a new B.Smithi owner

Hi all.

I thought I would introduce myself as a "newbie".
    I dont have my tarantula yet but will be collecting her in a few weeks so expect a load of silly questions.

Heres a picture I managed to get of her in the store:

She's a tiny 2-3" diamater but I exect she'll grow lots
    --
    Dean Earley
    http://personal.earlsoft.co.uk/spider/

Good luck with her,

I have a red knee as well. She is a beautiful girl

Comment

It should grow to something like this one? Mine is only 80mm long and 2-3 years old but the one in the photo (link) belongs to a friend and is about 6 or 7, so I think about fully grown?

Sorry about the link, but I don't know how to make the picture come up directly in this post?

Comment

Yes it's something like that.

Code:
        [img] http://somelinktoyourimage.com/filename.jpg [/img]
        That should make images appear in the threads.

Code:
        [img]http://homepage.ntlworld.com/neil.richardson40/spiders/P_Fasciata_Phantom1.jpg[/img]
        Will display

And he piled upon the whale's white hump, the sum of all the rage and hate felt by his whole race. If his chest had been a cannon, he would have shot his heart upon it.

Comment

hi dean, you are picking a really cool first T. i have a real cracker to she's about 7 and a pleasure to have. but this is a very addictive hobby to have and would think you will have quite a few in the coming years. enjoy

Comment

I agree with you Stephen it is a Very addictive hobby

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Carpenter
              I agree with you Stephen it is a Very addictive hobby
              Tell me about it

From zero to 8 T's in what, 3 weeks
              Dave

Comment

yhe its very adictive your always lookin about for new t's
                B.Smithi
                G.Rosea (RCF)
                B.Vagans
                P.Irminia
                A.Avicularia
                L.Parahybana

Comment

This was a fairly old post but how and ever, im not so much addicted about getting as many ts as possible and becoming a stamp collector as such but I am becoming more focused and specifying certain species and trying get each sex for future breeding. For instance at the mo I have 2 P fasciata, 2 P cambridgei, 2 P irminia, 2 B klassi and 3 B emilia so hoping to have opposite sex but if both same sex then will double the number of breedings when paired up. It would be nice to have 2 females and loan a male and f both successful rather than 50?50 would simply give an entire offspring from one female which is the same in one sence but a lot more to feed and nurture.

Comment

yeah, VERY addictive, i had just my redknee up until about 2 years ago. i met a really interested girlfriend who is as addicted as me. now i have 13, which is an unlucky number to have, lol so i think more will be on there way soon

Comment

I always get amazed when here about females having an interest with TS for years as a teenager having Ts put a strain on the relationship and they didnt likegoing to my house, my fiance is acceptable to them but hates them.

Comment

As a newbie to T's i will admit at the moment to being a bit of a "stamp collector" as Adam calls it (lovely way of putting it Adam ), but this i feel is due to the enthusiasm of a new interest coupled with having been made a few offers that were too good to refuse from fellow keepers.

I would like to take this interest down a more focussed path at some stage maybe a collection of one genus, i notice that of the 6 species i have now 3 are Brachypelmas, breeding them is certainly a target for me.
                        Dave

Comment

Yes I can see where people are coming from as I was the same, but you an see what I mean by stamp collecting, growing a larger and larger collection with various colours and species. It is addictive and very tempting when a new T is available to the hobby for instance a poecilotheria metallica stunning T but not cheap

Comment

breeding them is a target for me two!! iam a ''stamp collector'' two if you put it like that. but it is a very addictive hobby ( but it is a very good one ) and very intresting.

Dan

Comment

Working...
                            X