Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first T!

I bought this today, a Chilean Rose.
    Only cost me £5.95 and its hardly a baby by its size!
    Id say it was about the size of a Tegenaria in bidy size, with shorter, fatter, hairier legs!

Bought some micro crickets too but the shop assistant said that its best not to put any in yet as he has a bald patch showing he's ready to molt(true?)

The shop owners actually tried to discourage me from bying a baby spider as they are far more difficult, even tho theres no mention of that on the tanks theyre in.
    They were kept in 35mm film containers and this one filled the bottom!

My Collection: - Spiders are everywhere, so live with it
    Ray Gabriel

yhea its true when the bald patch goes black because of the bristles underneath meaning the spider will be ready to moult soon
    B.Smithi
    G.Rosea (RCF)
    B.Vagans
    P.Irminia
    A.Avicularia
    L.Parahybana

Comment

Since getting him/her home, it has just sat in once place. Its not interested in food and is not looking for shelter. Is this normal?
      Ray Gabriel

Comment

Hi Larry,
        It will thake the spider a few days to settle down before it begins to feed, more if it is up for a moult, which it may be from the pics.
        Spiderlings are a bit harder to care for for a beginner, I agree with whoever sold it to you, but good luck with it anyway, I'm sure it will be ok.
        spider woman at Wilkinsons

Comment

tarantula

it will take a while for ur spider to start eating and dont feed it while is moulting my brachypelma smithi isnt feeding at the moment because she is due for a moult buh thn feed it when its moulted and then it will settle down have u got wood and stuf in the tank with ur t ? then make a small ditch and make like a cave for the t and it should be fine
          B.Smithi
          G.Rosea (RCF)
          B.Vagans
          P.Irminia
          A.Avicularia
          L.Parahybana

Comment

Thanks for all your advice!
            She(I presume a female,no signs of palpal structures) was quite active tonight,I almost thought she would take a cricket but she just ignored it.

James, theres no wood in the tank but then its just a small microwave tub,deep enough but not too large for a sling. There is half a plant pot tho if she wishes for somewhere to go molt, plus some moss.

My Tegenaria on the other hand ate 2 crickets tonight!
            Ray Gabriel

Comment

Working...
            X