New Arrival - Aphonopelma bicolouratum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Arrival - Aphonopelma bicolouratum

New addition to my collection. Not usually "my thing" but very nice little thing.

Can't get the hang of posting pictures on here so I'll link it to the other site I use.

"Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional...."

Lovely spider Ian
    Dave

Comment

Very nice!!
      Dan

Comment

thats a very nice little spider
        The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Comment

I had a sling of this species but didnt make it, have get couple more

Comment

Very nice looking spidder there Ian, does it have a common name, I'm not that familiar with the various species yet! (Tho I recognise the name Anophoplema-bird eater, red leg?)

How big does this one get?
            My Collection: - Spiders are everywhere, so live with it
            Ray Gabriel

Comment

Usually called a "Mexican blood leg". They're quite a small species
              usually getting to about a 4" legspan. Worth having in any collection.
              "Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional...."

Comment

Hi Ian, is your bicoloratum definitely a female? If she is I'll keep you in mind, I have an immature male here and a female so once he matures I can use him with my girl then pass him on if you're interested?

Mike.
                www.serpents-web.co.uk a work in progress.

Now offering the full range of MicroClimate products and also the full range of Java wood Decor.

Have you joined the BTS yet? If not why not? See the E-store to join online now

What is understood does not need to be discussed!

Comment

Mike, I have been waiting for my bicoloratum female to moult for over 18 months and the male just took just over a year from purchase and he STILL didnt mature Sometimes Aphonopelma can test the patience of even a Brachy keeper lol.

Hi Ian nice to see someone else north of the border that keeps Ts too!

Comment

Layla, I bought my "male" 2 years ago at the BTS as immature and he's molted once since but destroyed the skin so I couldn't confirm sexing, I had the female a year before him & she's only molted once too, Aphonopelma are incredibly slow growing as I've found out with my A.chalcodes which I think will turn into a retirement project!!!!

Mike.
                    www.serpents-web.co.uk a work in progress.

Now offering the full range of MicroClimate products and also the full range of Java wood Decor.

Have you joined the BTS yet? If not why not? See the E-store to join online now

What is understood does not need to be discussed!

Comment

details

hi.
                      I have a thread going at the mo asking about starter t's
                      named "new to t's" I'm new so had to do a past info with why's and for's.
                      and seeing you have Mexican blood leg wonder if you could pass on your help and advice please.

thank you.
                      John.
                      ps nice pics .

Comment

I love that A.bicoloratum! Fabulous looking and nicely photographed too!
                        My Collection: - Spiders are everywhere, so live with it
                        Ray Gabriel

Comment

Might want to start a new thread, this one's almost 4 years old.
                          KJ Vezino
                          Certified Arachnoholic
                          My T Gallery
                          Quest for Knowledge: All the T info links you need!
                          "Have You Hugged Your Spiders Today?"

KJ’s Collection

Comment

Working...
                          X