Pterinochilus murinus nymph - 2 pair of spinerets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pterinochilus murinus nymph - 2 pair of spinerets

Hi everybady, heres something special I never seen before.

One of the nymph of my murinus egg sac seem to posses 2 pair of spinnerets even 2 abdomen, have you seen that before ?

wow amazing, never seen that before. wonder if it will grow and be like that all her life

Comment

Sorry but this will probably cause upset - but you ought really to cull it, a gross genetic abnormality like that should not be allowed the slightest chance of being passed on into the genetic pool, i'm not trying to be antagonistic or anything, but just following the general rule in the area of breeding that i do have considerable experience in, that is tropical fishes.
      Dave

Comment

It definitely shouldnt be bred but there have been numerous stories of a t with twin or partial second abdomen and most never survive under the best conditions and die within the spiderling stage never making it to adult even if someone tried nature will take it out as it wasnt meant to survive

Comment

You can never know for sure :] maybe in 1000 generations all spiders will have 2 abdomens :]
          si ad naturam vives, numquam eris pauper

Comment

Hi,

my opinion of all this that is something that happen not very often but it still happen, and instead of like ... killing it, i'll try to learn as much as possible of this specimen while I can

Comment

Chances are this sort of occurance is when 2 eggs got stuck together and had 1 full taranutla sling and a partial sling meshed into it. siamese tarantulas thats a sight to see. Imagine a tarantula that had one abdomen and 2 carapaces both independant with own set of fangs. that be strange. There have been 2 headed snakes to survive. Anyway its worth seeing how it develops and write an aritcle. All this sort of thing should be written up and published for articels.

Comment

I believe Ray Gabriel showed a Poecilotheria sp at the 2006 show that had a similar issue with it's abdomen.
                And he piled upon the whale's white hump, the sum of all the rage and hate felt by his whole race. If his chest had been a cannon, he would have shot his heart upon it.

Comment

Hi folks!

Here's a little update of the Pterinochilus murinus, it molted into a spiderling!

The molt was good untill the very end, the right side spinnerets were stuck, even 1 hour after she was back on its leg so I helped her to remove the molt, I did it as gentle as possible, I dont think I injured the specimen (wich is about 1/2 cm leg span)

Something interesting ... December 23 : The nymph molt into a spiderling, its the very first specimen of all the sac to molt, the one that followed next was only on december 27 and they all followed few hour after, it molted much faster then all its brother and sister

It refused feeding untill now, like all the other, I keep offering her dead food everyday, and light mist every 2-3 days to keep it hydrated. I am keeping it at a temperature of 26 degres celius the day, and 22-23 the night.

The specimen is spinning web from the right spinnet, but I did'nt see it spin from the left, that does'nt seem to be any use to the specimen for the moment. It spin as much web as its brother and sister

Now the picture of the evolution, I am sorry for the bad picture, the specimen is very very agile, very active, just like the other! and lets not forget they're small.

Comment

Working...
                  X