Some of my Tarantulas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some of my Tarantulas

Here are a few of my tarantulas. The pictures are not the best but neither is my picture taking ability.
    The first one is Suzi, my H. lividium

This is my A. versicolor (tiddles) who doesn't like cameras

Then my P. mirandas, Gizmo and Esmeralda

This is Yam, the most docile P. ornata I've ever heard of!

Next is Fluffy, the psychotic A. metallica

Finally my P. metallica, Maya. Whilst looking quite normal, she is currently living in a burrow, acting like a Haplopelma and trying to cover everything in the viscinity of the burrow in web. Trust me to get a P. metallica with a screw loose!!!

So there you go. Some of my tarantulas.
    sigpicHate is for people who find thinking a little too complicated!

you got some nice spids there Nicola
    The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Comment

some nice T's there.

Comment

very nice Ts.. excellent choice too

Comment

very nice tarantulas there nicola, love the P. metallica.
          Dan.

Comment

some really nice Ts there Nicola,would love a pokie one day
            My Collection: - Spiders are everywhere, so live with it
            Ray Gabriel

Comment

T Pics

Hi,
              I know this may sound like me being, well, mouthy, but I think everyone who likes arborials should keep a Poecilotheria or twenty! Yes, we all know about their venom and their speed, but they are (at least mine are) the most timid, gentle, colourful, cute little spiders you could wish to see. The character that they show as juveniles remains as they get mature, I have a P. formosa just moulted to 15cm and she is still as scatty as ever. All you have to remember is that when they warn you to back off, you do it. As for their speed, the only time I've seen mine use it is when after a cricket! Yes, I have on one occasion had a poke escape, that was when I was misting the tank at 6am of a male P. miranda recently matured and in hot pursuit of anything female! He still went back into his tank as good as gold. Truth is if you want a Poecilotheria, get one and you'll have one of the best pets in the world!! Enjoy!

Comment

Yea I would love a P regalis one day, but not while i have young kids around.
                Ray Gabriel

Comment

poecilotheria

Fair point Larry

Comment

i would love a P.Metalica but cannot find one for the life of me and iv heard they are very costly is this true
                    B.Smithi
                    G.Rosea (RCF)
                    B.Vagans
                    P.Irminia
                    A.Avicularia
                    L.Parahybana

Comment

Originally posted by James Metcalf View Post
                      i would love a P.Metalica but cannot find one for the life of me and iv heard they are very costly is this true
                      They are beautiful T's James, you would not be dissapointed.

I got two last year from the BTS, unfortunately I lost one in a moult but the other that I got from Ray G is doing and growing extremely well.

I paid around £80 for mine, but their prices are very slowly coming down, but I still think you should expect to pay around the £75 mark for them.

A species such as this is also a target for scammers offering them at 'too good to be true prices' they take your money and surprise, surprise, no spiders appear. It has happened a few times, so just be sure of who you are buying them from.

Comment

Hey nicola, just having a second look and got curious, whats the cream coloured object with what looks like a keyhole next to the pokies front left foot?

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p...lby/027_27.jpg
                        Ray Gabriel

Comment

Originally posted by Larry View Post
                          Hey nicola, just having a second look and got curious, whats the cream coloured object with what looks like a keyhole next to the pokies front left foot?

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p...lby/027_27.jpg
                          Larry, I would probably make a guess at it being a thermometer or such like?

The 'keyhole' is to hang it on a wall, it is facing out of the tank but is inside the glass.

Nichola, do you possibly think that your ornata may well be an immature male? I ask because of it's colouration and distinct lack of patterning, or is it just the photograph?

All nice spids though!!

Comment

pictures.

Hi,
                            Yes Howard you got it 100% right about the thermometer, and the P. ornata is a male. I think he is mature as the embolus are clearly there, I've been thinking of getting him a female but my P. metallica, which I was sure was female, has just matured as a male so I'm after a partner for him at the moment (getting the expensive stuff out of the way first!)

Comment

Nichola, try Ray Gabriel for loaning your male mettalica, it must have been gutting to see he had matured, but just think of the slings should he do his job!

How old is he?

Comment

Working...
                              X