Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few pics of some of my lot

Just a couple of pics of some of my 'babies'

1. T.blondi - (this girl was my first spider after I got back into the hobby again, so obviously I have a bit of a soft spot for her!)

2. P.murinus - (a rare glimpse)

3. P.regalis

4. A.versicolor (mating pic)

Enjoy!!
    Attached Files

pictures

Beautiful pictures. It's strange how we seem to have soft spots for one of our tarantulas especially. With me its my P. murinus, nowhere near the most striking of the spiders I've got but there's something very gentle about her (for a P. murinus THAT'S somthing to say). She's actually just moulted, as have one or two others of mine. Will try and get pictures soon.
    sigpicHate is for people who find thinking a little too complicated!

Comment

nice pics love the versicolor pic, cool P.murinus , mine be that big in ohhhh years lol

Comment

and some more, the first two are Avic sp. 'Peru Purple' and the other two are of my male T.apophysis, before he is shipped out to his new owner to meet the ladies!

The colours on him are genuinely there and the photo hasn't been played with at all. I was impressed to say the least!!

Enjoy
        Attached Files

Comment

spiders

Hi Howard,
          Thought I'd ask what size tank do you keep your T. apophysis in? I've wanted one for a while but have been concerned about the room they would take up. If the spider's accommodation isn't too big then I think I might be tempted. Thanks.

Comment

pictures

Those P. murinus pictures as promised the other week

Sorry it took so long.

Comment

Originally posted by nicoladolby View Post
              Hi Howard,
              Thought I'd ask what size tank do you keep your T. apophysis in? I've wanted one for a while but have been concerned about the room they would take up. If the spider's accommodation isn't too big then I think I might be tempted. Thanks.
              Hi Nicola,

Well I like to give them a fair old size tank to make a nice looking setup and a deep burrow.

That particular spider was in an 18"x12"x12" tank as it wasn't adult size (I only had it a few days after it's maturing moult).

However, my adult female blondi is in a 24"x15"x12" tank. To e honest, it is probably a little big for her, but she has been in it a long time now and does wander around it occasionally. This also allows her a large, very deep burrow.

Either of those two species as adults would be fine in an 18"x12" though in my own opinion.

Hope this helps

Howard

Comment

Thanks Howard, that's great news. I've got room for a couple of tanks that size!!

Comment

cool pics Howard, I have my Rosea in 18" tank and I have never seen her walk to the other half of it
                  The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Comment

Working...
                  X