The English T!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The English T!

He he, thats what I call Tegenaria, as Im told the females can get quite large,fingers crossed this one is a girl!
    Attached Files
    My Collection: - Spiders are everywhere, so live with it
    Ray Gabriel

If its Tegenaria Gigantea, then females grow to about 18 - 20 mm (body length)
    T. Agrestis is a darker, more heavily built spider, only gets to 15mm or so but they're a real looker in my opinion. They have a lovely mottled abdomen that looks like velvet (and an appetite to match a L. Parahybana)

Comment

You saying English girls are fat ??

Lance

Comment

Good set up for a Teg mate.

British Tarantula Society - Join today safe and secure online

[B]
        The 29th BTS Annual Exhibition
        On
        [B]Sunday 18th May 2014[B]

Comment

They are a nice spider to keep i have keep them before...lol....very fast when they want to be. Once found one with only 4 legs, three on one side and 1 one the other ...i kept it, let it moult a few times feed her/him up and let it go when it had fully grown back all its legs. *true story*
          Dan.

Comment

My favourite British spider has got to be Dysdera Crocata (think thats right) or the woodlouse spider as my dear old dad used to say. The fangs are totally disproportionate to the rest of the body and they are voratious eaters, watching them chase down a woody is a real treat for the eyes. not very big, about a centimeter, but great to keep as something unusual.

Comment

You know i have been bitten by one of those ( no joke ) it was a nasty ( they are like an orange/red colour ?
              Dan.

Comment

They are a light orangy red on the carapace and creamy coloured abdomen yes mate.
                Never got caught by one myself but my youngest son has, he says it gave him a right belt. there's only a few species of spiders in Britain that can get through our skin and these are definitley one of them.

Comment

It did hurt, and gave me quite a shock.... There is quite alot around where i live..dont know why.
                  Dan.

Comment

The distributions supposed to be widespread and common (apart from Scandinavian areas, they're aint non !!) but we have to go looking for them, and it takes a good afternoon rummaging around in the woods to find a few too

Comment

Working...
                    X