• Show
Clear All

• New T. blondi

My T. blondi arrived this morning from Dan at the Tarantulashop.co.uk
    Excellent service again.

Very nice Mike, just got one of these myself
    Dave

Comment

Me too, from the same people. Nice big spider even at this age - good eater too!

Comment

How are you managing to get such nice clear pics??

I am scared to go into the T, blondi and L, parahybana enclosures in case they make a run for it as they seem to be still one minute then are pegging it the next!!

My camera also gives too much flash too so they look like they are about to be abducted by aliens!! lol!

Comment

Originally posted by Johanna McMullen View Post
          My camera also gives too much flash too so they look like they are about to be abducted by aliens!! lol!
          If you tape a folded piece of white linen ( a cut up hankie will do) over the flash, it will filter the light and give a softer more evenly spread lighting effect during flash.

If you're using a compact digi camera then they dont normally have an auto adjustment for macro setting (if you use it) so the flash will be on nearly full power and "white out" the photo...the linen will tame the flash down.

Additional info:

If you tape the compact camera onto a longish stick and put the camera on timer then moving the little camera closer to the subject (before the timer sets off) doesn't spook it so much as if there's a big pair of hands there as well. (its safer too !!!)
          Last edited by Guest; 16-03-07, 12:12 PM. Reason: additional info

Comment

Originally posted by Colin D Wilson View Post
            If you tape a folded piece of white linen ( a cut up hankie will do) over the flash, it will filter the light and give a softer more evenly spread lighting effect during flash.

Thanks Colin, the simplest things eh!

I have a macro setting on mine that uses flash and also a super macro that doesn't. Managed to get a couple of new pics of the latest additions today but will try that trick the next time!

Thanks for that!

Jo

Comment

Mike
              Out of interest, what is the T, blondi housed in?
              I like the fact you have been able to get almost a front on shot, my tubs are too shallow and it's difficult to get my camera in and get a better 'action' shot like that!!

Comment

Its in a shallow faunarium type tank at the moment, but tbh I hate it so will get a glass tank for it over the weekend.

Picture wise my camera is just a Canon sure shot, and I use the macro on automatic with the flash. So far I think I've been very lucky with some of the pics one of which I.m hoping to enter at the BTS show in May.
                My T. blondi 'Harry' scared the living daylights out of me last night.
                I was cleaing some poo up near her/him and as soon as the tweezers touched the sustrate she was on them like a shot!!! its was superb, but Im glad it wasnt my fingers!!! lol

Adding some new ones over the weekend, but my A. seemanni might be going as I cant have too many T's other wise I'll be homeless!! lol

Comment

Working...
                X