The latest addition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The latest addition

Finally got round to taking a picture of the new pokie, plus an idea for a sling arboreal enclosure (Got to have been done before but thought i'd post a piccie for those who might be drawing a blank for ideas)

I thought my L. Parahybana was keen on food, this little cuties giving it a run for its money.
    Last edited by Guest; 21-04-07, 10:24 AM.

pretty little spider you have there very nice
    The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Comment

Thats a very nice tarantula you have got there i will have to get one soon.
      Are they that aggresive ?
      Dan.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Carpenter View Post
        Are they that aggresive ?
        As always there a singular individuals that bite first ask questions later, but of all the specimens i have had dealings with, the first line of their defence is to try and get away (extreemely quickly too)
        This little one kept moving round the other side of the cork bark, ran onto my hand once or twice (obviously didn't like the "feel" of my skin) and ran back. after two of three mins of this it eventually stayed still for a while for its photo.
        one of my VERY unlucky arachnid keeping friends has been bitten by a good selection of species and he says he would rather take a good bite from an adult T Blondi or L Parahybana than a nip from a juvenile regalis. He had cramps, heavy bruising of muscle tissue, tightness of chest / breathing difficulties and has been left with a scar after he blistered up around the bite. (he's now in Australia playing with Funnel webs and Widows)
        I don't want to find out the hard way and when he / she goes into her final enclosure then she's a display spider, and only moved when cleaning or maintenance is needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin D Wilson View Post
          As always there a singular individuals that bite first ask questions later, but of all the specimens i have had dealings with, the first line of their defence is to try and get away (extreemely quickly too)
          This little one kept moving round the other side of the cork bark, ran onto my hand once or twice (obviously didn't like the "feel" of my skin) and ran back. after two of three mins of this it eventually stayed still for a while for its photo.
          one of my VERY unlucky arachnid keeping friends has been bitten by a good selection of species and he says he would rather take a good bite from an adult T Blondi or L Parahybana than a nip from a juvenile regalis. He had cramps, heavy bruising of muscle tissue, tightness of chest / breathing difficulties and has been left with a scar after he blistered up around the bite. (he's now in Australia playing with Funnel webs and Widows)
          I don't want to find out the hard way and when he / she goes into her final enclosure then she's a display spider, and only moved when cleaning or maintenance is needed.

seeing as hes really unlucky it seems a tad dangerous playing with widows lol
          The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Comment

The blokes as nice as a person as you'd want to meet...But....he's so "hands on" with all his animals, TOO "hands on" !!! Eventually you're just pushing the inevitable aren't you?

I'll be waiting for the telephone call.......
            "hi Colin, I'm in hospital again, god these widows pack a punch !!, got it in the collection though"

Thats about what he'll say the daft so and so.
            Last edited by Guest; 15-03-07, 07:52 PM. Reason: Can't spell !!!

Comment

Working...
            X