Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OMG! I think I have my first sling moult imminent!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OMG! I think I have my first sling moult imminent!!

I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited (Does it show?? lmao)

I just had a little look through to see if everybody was ok and lastly came to my little G, rosea, bless it, gets left till last.....but wait!

Look what i came across!

Any ideas how long this process normally takes?
    Don't want to keep looking in case I upset it!
    (Took this as quietly as I could and then left it alone - bless!)

oooh Im excited now aswell!!
    Im still waiting for one of my T's to moult in my care. Let us know how it goes.

Comment

Bit of a delay in replying as I am currently in West Wales with my folks and in a lot of pain after being dragged round the countryside on horseback all day Saturday by my mother!!

G, rosea moulted beautifully, came home from my running about on Friday to find it had been done and dusted. It seems happy enough so I'm happy enough, going to save all my slings first moults in my care like a sappy new parent may save a baby's first baby grow! lmao!

I'm looking forward to going home tomorrow to see if there have been any developments with any of the others, i think my B, smithi may have something imminent!!

I must say that is one benefit of having so many (Yeah, I'm trying to justify it!) is that there's always something going on with them, never a dull moment!! Lol!

Any news on any of yours doing the same?

Comment

Nope not a one!!!! Im hoping for a moult soon, I thought my Juv G. rosea was in pre moult after not eating for 4 weeks, but she ate last week so that was out of the window!!! 2 of my slings have refused food so Im hopfull!!!

I will of course keep all of the moults from all my T's first moult in my care. At the moment Im looking forward to and dreading at the same time the first moult in my care.

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by mike halewood View Post
          At the moment Im looking forward to and dreading at the same time the first moult in my care.

I think I know what you mean but my feeling is, if they seem to be showing signs of an imminent moult I do what i do with the reptiles and make sure they have plenty of humidity.

I'm sure they'll be fine, you're like me and fussing!!

Comment

[QUOTE=Johanna McMullen;10239] I do what i do with the reptiles and make sure they have plenty of humidity.QUOTE]

Normally i do the same, although when you've got a trio of Keyan Sand boas in a total desert set up, it can pose a problem

Back to the subject of spidery things, my little pokie has stopped eating and is being very secretive. I thought i'd better do the right thing and let it get on with it so i'm only checking on it avery 30 or 40 seconds now !!
            Last edited by Guest; 19-03-07, 06:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin D Wilson View Post
              Back to the subject of spidery things, my little pokie has stopped eating and is being very secretive. I thought i'd better do the right thing and let it get on with it so i'm only checking on it avery 30 or 40 seconds now !!

Ha! As bad as me then! I got home from a weekend away very excited to see if anything else had moulted - was a little disapointed but then started feeding everything and that brought a smile to my face! My little A, geniculata is a pig!!

Bought a ridiculously expensive camera today and have been taking some awesome shots of my T's, hoping to put some on here in a minute!

You off to the exhibition too Colin?

Comment

Yes Johanna, it will be a family day out (Myself, the two boys, and my youngest Daugther who has her own G Rosea (i say youngest she's 17....god i feel old)
                The oldest Girl is arachnophobic so she won't come.
                I'm divorced so i don't have to watch what we spend.....yippeeeee!!!!!!

I wonder if they'll take credit cards ??? HMMMMMM......

I applied for membership about the same time as you, hope the card gets here before the big day.

As far as your Geni goes, i have a (i suppose size wise) sub adult, and made the mistake of giving her a defrost fuzzy mouse after one of the kenyan sand boas didn't eat (shedding). she wont accept much else now. Takes her four hours to completely demolish it.
                Last edited by Guest; 19-03-07, 09:16 PM. Reason: comment about the Geni

Comment

Wowzers! So yours has the same kind of appetite! I think it's handy though when you can swap foods between your different 'pets' as it makes for less waste!! lol!

Yes, I was also thinking the same as you about credit cards at the exhibition although I am not going to tempt fate and they don't accept them so i'm going to try and take as much cash there as I can without causing a security issue!!
                  (I should actually watch what I spend as I am terrible with money! )

I thought we were to expect a wait of about a month for our membership details....?

here's hoping we get them in time!

Comment

Working...
                  X