I knew she was still in there

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I knew she was still in there

Well after I got my A. seemanni she pretty much on the second night dug a huge burrow then blocked the entrance.
    After a few weeks had passed, I presumed it must have been in pre molt.
    Nope, only 3 days ago I noticed that she had actually dug all the way ,taking a few turns on the way, to the opposite corned and made a new entrance.
    Then today there she was!!!! I could see legs!!!

The a bit further...

Nearly there...

This is the most I have seen of my A. seemanni for 6 weeks, pretty much since I brought her home

Haha! Fantastic!

My N, chromatum and my B, albopilosum have done the exact same thing! Still haven't really seen them since though! My M, robustum has also made a fantastic network of tunnels with 2 entrances and does occaisionally make an appearance (When I took the last lot of pics)

So when are we seeing what must be a new arrival? Still have to wait till Monday?

Comment

Its funny really, when she first dug the burrow and disapeared I was almost going to get rid as I was disapointed I couldnt see her.
      But now, Im so Impressed its really wet my appetite for another borrower, maybe a H. lividum!!!

The list for the BTS show is growing!!

Comment

I think it adds to the excitement when they come out. The M, robustum is supposed to be very shy but mine pops out for a wander occaisionally and lets me get a good look at it! Lovely looking spider - have you read about their clever defense mechanism?

Comment

You're dead right, the excitement when I saw its legs, then all the way!!! I stayed put for a couple of hours to see how far it would come out!!

have you read about their clever defense mechanism?
          No I havent, So what do they do??

Comment

Originally posted by mike halewood View Post
            Its funny really, when she first dug the burrow and disapeared I was almost going to get rid as I was disapointed I couldnt see her.
            But now, Im so Impressed its really wet my appetite for another borrower, maybe a H. lividum!!!

The list for the BTS show is growing!!
            My H. lividum is a classic "Pet holes" case

Three nice neat holes with lots of web round them, luckily she has built her chamber right against the tank side so i can still peek in at her.
            Dave

Comment

No I havent, So what do they do??

They spin round and try and impale their enemy with the spines on their legs apparently!

Mine's quite chilled out though so not seen that yet! lol

Comment

Ah right, I have heard that!! It would be interesting to see it in action.

Comment

Ah right, I have heard that!! It would be interesting to see it in action.
                  If you could get that on video, it would be a bonus wouldn't it....Ive never seen it either.

Comment

Working...
                  X