I just knew it!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just knew it!

Well, both myself and Mike Halewood have been deliberating whether our bigger spiders were coming up to moult and guess what...

(Check out the carapace on the right!!)

I know I checked bleary eyed this morning and did notice something but obviously wasn't awake enough! My L, parahybana has moulted at last! not a massive growth spurt but is showing more adult colouration now (Was quite a dull dusty brown since I had it)

FANTASTIC!!!!! Looks great, Im still waiting lol

Comment

Lol, won't be long no doubt.

i'm now waiting with bated breath for the T, blondi to do it!!

Comment

The T. blondi is the ONE Im dreading!!!

Comment

Why?? You scared you'll lift the lid and this giant thing like something out of an old B movie comes crawling over the edge!! lmao!

These giant hairy legs! haha!

(Been watching too many of these films I think!!)

Comment

Mike, i've heard they grow about three feet per moult......or did i watch the same film as Jo......

Jo, now the cost for food doubles, that para's gonna eat you out of house and home

P.s. Mike, would you like to display some photo's on one of my guest galleries i'm just designing for my new inverts section to my website (thought i asked you the same time as Jo but just reviewed my last posts and i haven't , sorry mate )

Comment

Lovely looking sling there Jo.

One of my other Avic's is getting ready to skin now! I'm paraboid it will get stuck like the other.

Kain

Comment

nice pics.. I have 5 parahybana at the moment and 4 are ready to moult should be happening this week by the looks of it.. they are all about 3" mark just now so should be a good size after they moult..

Comment

P.s. Mike, would you like to display some photo's on one of my guest galleries i'm just designing for my new inverts section to my website (thought i asked you the same time as Jo but just reviewed my last posts and i haven't , sorry mate )
                  I'd love to, I was feeling a bit left out!! Just tell me what you need.

Cheers

Mike

Comment

I'll PM you, Jo and other possibles with the details mike...TA

Comment

Just got home from playing with the band, go to check my T's, the new GBB has done an incredible amount of webbing!! THEN I take out one of the A. geniculata slings and its moulted!!!! While I was out!!!
                      I'll try and post some more pics before going to work.....

Mike

Comment

Brilliant! Isn't it mad the way they seem to moult at approximately the same time? Mine have pretty much all been in the last week.

Still some to go though!

Comment

Its probably a coincidence but I'd only just misted that night. So I've just misted the L. parahybana and T. blondi just incase.....

Comment

Working...
                          X