Kettering additions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kettering additions

Just a few piccies of some latest additions from Kettering.

Little Emilia Sling, already fed and settled in nicely. A good final purchase from The T barn.

G Rosea RCF (couple of shots to show colour, even though the photo's don't do it justice)

G Rosea RCF full shot, got a pair of these from Lee, gorgeous (colour, temperment the lot) !!!

All terrain, anti personel Red Claw attack Scorpion (thanks Dave )(P cavimanus) bought two of these but the other one has turned himself into a pet hole already.
    Last edited by Guest; 08-05-07, 03:03 PM.

Originally posted by Colin D Wilson View Post
    Just a few piccies of some latest additions from Kettering.

[ATTACH]383[/ATTACH]
    All terrain, anti personel Red Claw attack Scorpion (thanks Dave )(P cavimanus) bought two of these but the other one has turned himself into a pet hole already.

can't access the pics

Hehehehe, wait til it grows up and gets the size to back that temperment up
    Dave

Comment

Dave Gunter;Hehehehe, wait til it grows up and gets the size to back that temperment up
      Is this why you were shoving them in my pocket when i got my wallet out heh heh, i knew there must be a reason.

Have you tried clearing your cache of cookies and temporary internet files, this might help with the attachment problem.

Comment

Wow that RCF looks so hairy! Love the scorpion, very cool, and that little sling is very cute!
        Last edited by Larry Shone; 18-04-07, 09:50 PM.
        My Collection: - Spiders are everywhere, so live with it
        Ray Gabriel

Comment

Very nice tarantulas there....love the Red Claw btw.
          Dan.

Comment

Yeah the Red claw (or cave claw as it's also known) has a very different charactor than the emporer, they seem very territorial and are a tad more aggressive in that when they feel threatened they tend to use their sting more and not just react with thier claws.
            they have a habit of coming to see what you're doing (if you're cleaning up) and try to grab the tweezers, you gently move them away and the poor old tweezers get another lash from the tail.
            full of charactor and wonderful additions never the less

Comment

They sound very nice...i might have to see if i can pick up some emporers at the show and mabye start up a small scorp collection as well as my T's....
              Dan.

Comment

I have (at last count) 11 baby Emporers riding on their mothers back at the moment, got to wait untill they've moulted twice and climbed off before i can rehouse them, going to have a little comune that should grow up together nicely then replace the males with others of the same size when they grow a bit to vary the gene pool a bit.

Comment

Colin, are the claws of the scorp actually red-I think I see a tinge there but cant tell if its the lighting.
                  Ray Gabriel

Comment

Larry, the claws have a rusty red sheen to them, as do the legs near to the body at the moment. when they're full grown the colouration is more intense and appears very much more of a brick red colour from what info i have picked upon the net.

this is the first time i have owned this species so i'm on a learning curve. already got observations 1 & 2

1 They're fast and agressive, use long tweezers.
                    2 they eat like a horse, one even picked up it's water tub to see if was edible.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin D Wilson View Post
                      this is the first time i have owned this species so i'm on a learning curve. already got observations 1 & 2

1 They're fast and agressive, use long tweezers.
                      2 they eat like a horse, one even picked up it's water tub to see if was edible.
                      Right, sounds fun! Makes you just want one more!
                      Ray Gabriel

Comment

Yes mate, i'm even tempted to get another pair.

They are plucky little devils, and have loads more attitude even then my female emporer who is very protective at the moment carrying babies around.

Comment

I am gonna have to get some scorps at the show.....i want some lol all this talk gets me wanting them even more...
                          Dan.

Comment

Working...
                          X