Hawk's hideout!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hawk's hideout!

Hawk is my P.cambridgei and it has webbed up at the back of the piece of bark, against the wall of the jar.
    I dont know how much bigger he can get before I have to rehouse him-surely it must be gettting tight in there!

I just fed him a beetle from a Mealworm and he shot out and nabbed it, dragging it back into his lair. I wish I could have got a pic but he was so fast and the lights are low when he's feeding.
    Attached Files
    My Collection: - Spiders are everywhere, so live with it
    Ray Gabriel

Can just nout see him....how big is he ?
    Dan.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Carpenter View Post
      Can just nout see him....how big is he ?
      Dan.
      Well, when he made his appearance earlier he looked HUGE! He had big hairy legs and looked about 3 inches if he stretched his legs out.
      I saw him curled up tho, with legs wrapped around the beetle and I'd say he presenterd a diameter equal to a golf ball.
      Ray Gabriel

Comment

Thats quite big then....they get to about 11cm - 13cm ( If i am right ) so not long to go.
        Dan.

Comment

Ive been told they reach a 9" legspan, which made my other half squirm!
          Ray Gabriel

Comment

I was thinking that 11cm - 13cm was bit of because thats not much bigger than a G. Rosea ....lol...but 9ichs....thats anther one for the list...
            Dan.

Comment

I think it lost a leg in the last molt tho-Ive not had chance to get a good look at him to check. Thats the trouble with arboreals, ya never see em!
              Ray Gabriel

Comment

But you have to admit that although you dont see them the web structures they build are fantastic.
                Dan.

Comment

oh yea, the spiders themselves are fantastic! Im thinking that when hes bigger and have to rehouse him I will use a glass tank and arrange it so that the spider is visible, yet has somwhere to shelter. Ive seen a set up a bit like mine but with the jar upside down and the webbing structure at the bottom of the jar(now the top), and one just lifts the whole jar off the lid and throw in a crik etc.
                  Heres how mine is curently set up:
                  (an old pic, hes twice that size now!)
                  Attached Files
                  Ray Gabriel

Comment

Thats a neat idea, i relly cant wait to i get into abortal T's.
                    Dan.

Comment

I'd really like a pokie regalis but no more spiders for me now.
                      Ray Gabriel

Comment

Working...
                      X