Normal spiders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Normal spiders

I promise, so far these spiders are the rare ones in my collection which are (relatively) Normal.

Here's my fast growing P. murinus red

Here's a couple of pics of one of my Koh Samuis (beautiful spiders)

A H. lividium running for cover

What can I say, hope the pics are alright!
    sigpicHate is for people who find thinking a little too complicated!

Your right that Koh Samuis is beautiful, and the P. murinus,
    cheers,
    Dan.

Comment

luverly colour

Think the blue on the lividium is fantastic like (metalic sky).
      Nice one nicoladolby

Comment

Ahhh, so it's a lividium you posted on my thread then, lovely! Still haven't got one of those yet! And you've gone and done it now, i do like those koi Samui!

And on the subject of P, murinus, they grow like stink don't they? Mine's moulted twice in my care (Just done it as I watched the whole thing actually!0 and it's more than doubled in size since I've had it! it's only been with me about a month or two!

Can't wait till it dries though to see the colours and to see how big it is now!

Comment

spiders

Thanks for all the replies. The Koh Samuis are great, though another one to look out for are the Ornithoctonus aureotibialis, they are beautiful as well. Both my P. murinus are recovering after moults at the moment so I haven't any new pics yet, I'll try when they're out and about again. The H. lividium though is a real beauty. Yes she is timid but all this talk of them being aggressive, I've seen none of it from mine. What she lacks in looks she makes up for with bags of character and isn't as nocturnal and some people say she should be. Especially when there is a meal about!! Thanks for the replies once again.

Comment

How do you find the P. murinus ??
            Dan.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Carpenter View Post
              How do you find the P. murinus ??
              Dan.

I've got a young one and find it fine - i have read though that once they grow past an inch in size they tend to start being quite agressive.. will wait and see
              Last edited by Johanna Turner; 30-04-07, 06:48 PM. Reason: spelling again!

Comment

There is always the risk of a bite, which is why I haven't picked my P. murinus UMV up and given her a big cuddle. Apart from the S. calceatum they are the most striking tarantulas I have ever seen, and my RCF has shown no aggression since I got her/him in Feb. All that one does is eat and moult. The big female got angry with me once when I disturbed her when moulting, but apart from that no aggression at all. As for size, my UMV is now about 13cm and my RCF about 7-8cm legspan. I can't give precise sizes as their exoskeletons are hardening after moults at the moment.
                Last edited by Nicola Dolby; 01-05-07, 10:31 AM.

Comment

Right so...thats another one for the list then.
                  Dan.

Comment

They show their colouration and marking quickly mind you, mine's had i's second moult in my care and although it's total legspan is only about 4cm you can see in the light the starburst on the carapace and also the slight image of the black markins on the abdomen.

A beautiful iridescent gold too!

I noticed as it was mid moult the bright orange hairs on the top of it's chelicerae as it was pulling it's legs free of the skin!

Mad!

Comment

Working...
                    X