Post Molt pics, L. parahybana

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post Molt pics, L. parahybana

Well I sort of knew it was coming, but I expected my other L. parahybana to go first.
    Got up Tuesday morning and before going to work noticed 'Pink' was on her back and almost out!!!
    Today is the first time shes been out for a pic, and good timing too as my new camera was delivered today.

I've had a ruler over her and at a stretch she'd reach 5"!!!! But more comfortable size is 4.5". Shes very leggy, maybe male??? THe exuvium was far too dry by the time I managed to get it out to examine it.

Have you tried softening the exuvium up a bit with some warm soapy water Mike, has worked for me in the past (vegetable oil's supposed to work too so i'm led to believe).....nice pics !!

Comment

I did try using a bit of water, but alas my heavy handedness split it right at the crytical point!!!

I tell you what though, I cant believe how much shes grown in the couple of months I had her. (I say her, Im still hopeful!)

And the other one has webbed itself in now so that should molt soon.

Mike

Comment

Same thing happened with my daughters Rosea as i pulled the exuvium from the plant she decided to moult behind....ripped and destroyed the bit you need. ah well "she's a she" untill i know different !!

These para's do grow dont they, mines quite lanky after the last moult as well.

Comment

Working...
        X