My slightly bigger Yamia!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My slightly bigger Yamia!

The container he was in was too shallow and wide, niot really suitable for a dwarf T that likes to burrow, so I re-potted him into a sugar dispenser that was once home to a Tegenaria!
    Little Yamaha, or Mo as the other half calls him,is about twice the size he was when I got him in January, cool lookig thing, when you see him!
    Attached Files
    My Collection: - Spiders are everywhere, so live with it
    Ray Gabriel

Nice little guy too I believe they dont get very big so a nice size to keep easily. I have 2 of these Yamia.sp. 'Koh Samui' coming in the next few days. There isnt much information available about them though. I have heard they are very quick though

Elaine

Give me all your Avics !!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Elaine Ross View Post
      Nice little guy too I believe they dont get very big so a nice size to keep easily. I have 2 of these Yamia.sp. 'Koh Samui' coming in the next few days. There isnt much information available about them though. I have heard they are very quick though

Elaine
      Yes they are incredibly quick! This one ran across my hand and jumped onto the shed floor-luckily I got hold of him before he disappeared under the freezer!
      Repotting these guys is not for the squeamish as you have to dissect their web tube carefully, unless you put the whole lot in the new home.
      Ray Gabriel

Comment

Lol I can just picture you trying to get the little guy

Thanks for the warning though. They are slings just now so will probably arrive in film pots so hopefully transferring them will be uneventful

Elaine

Give me all your Avics !!!!!

Comment

Yea when I got mine in January it was a speck in the bottom of the film pot, tiny little thing. Its shed about 4 times as far as I know but unless you dissect the tube web you never see em.
          I think they reach 2 inch maximum. I'm hoping that they follow the trend of my other Ts in that they go thru a personality change after a few molts and become more accessibile. Hawk usesd to be like the Yamia, but he's out all the time now.
          Ray Gabriel

Comment

Working...
          X