Grammastola Rosea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grammastola Rosea

Figured it was about time I got some more pictures updated, so had a sort through and found four that are resonable.

First two are from this weeks lunch of a lobster roach that I now use as an exclusive food stuff. (handy things once they start breeding)

Second two were simple fluke from last month, I was only aiming to get some macro shots of the mouth parts during feeding, but she moved so slowly I thought I would grab a couple of snaps. What I got was two shots of her striking in slow motion. At first I thought it was an aggresive stance the way she reared up, but then she leaned forwards until making contact whereupon the usual unpleasentries took place.
    Attached Files

My Collection: - Support CB

Is that a mature female Rich?
    Have got a normal colour form mature male here that may still have more to give if you want him.
    If you're going to the Newark show i could bring him with me.
    PM me if you're interested
    Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

I'm not sure what gender it is yet. I bought her back in the beginning of this year sold as a 'sub adult' As yet there hasn't been a moult, so still in the realms of chance and uncertainty. If it turns out to be a male though, i'm guessing it will be from the next moult considering the size of the animal.

Comment

In comparison to the locust it's a nice big spider Rich, though best be safe with sexing a moult.
        if you're still up for a bit of 50/50, i'm sure to have a mature male knocking around in the future
        Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

If I get lucky enough to get a female when a moult eventually arrives, then sure i'd love the 50/50 offer.

Though it wont be the newark, as currently with work and studies i'm just too busy to make it there.

Comment

Got lucky with todays feeding and managed to get some close up shots, usually she just turns her back on the front to eat in peace.
            Attached Files

Comment

Figured was time for a monthly update on this one. Still hasn't been no signs of a moult coming up, although he/she is starting to get abit on the fat side. Even though I only ever throw in one roach a week tops.
              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              X