Acanthoscurria Chacoana

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Acanthoscurria Chacoana

Well after a week and half of settling in, it seems this little beast has become comfortable enough around my movements to show itself. Took advantage of feeding time this morning to try and grab some shots of 'her'.

So far housing is just a plastic terranium, so theres lots of scratches and flash bouncback going on. However a permenent glass from enclosure will be the task for this week, so hopefully I can get some decent pictures then.

Though as good an eater as this terror is, the smartest hunter it isn't. The shot with one leg in the water bowl was taken with the roach sat directly underneath the spider. Neither roach nor spider moved from that position for around 10 minutes, however what it lacks in skill it more than makes up for with speed and aggression.
    Attached Files

My Collection: - Support CB

Managed to finally get some clear shots of this one now.
    Attached Files

Comment

stunning spider rich great pics too, i have a sling of this sp cant wait for him/her to grow up

Comment

That ones not long out of a moult from around a month ago. I find mine is a magician when feeding, it moves almost as fast as some of the aboreals.

Comment

very nice ,how big is it, i pick up one 2days ago havent seem him yet as he made nice retreat under a small piece of bark,
          chris
          if you like my photos then post a repy.,
          it makes it worthwhile to me,if you dont like ,still post a reply esp if you can tell me where i went wrong

bts member
          tarantula newbie
          snakes for years

Comment

Well I was late to see the last moult so the skin had dried and shriveled. However looking at it I'd guess around 4" maybe 5". Eats like a horse though.

Comment

good size then ,my little one about 1.5 inches lol
              chris
              if you like my photos then post a repy.,
              it makes it worthwhile to me,if you dont like ,still post a reply esp if you can tell me where i went wrong

bts member
              tarantula newbie
              snakes for years

Comment

Working...
              X