My Mexican Red Knee sling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Mexican Red Knee sling

Here is my B.Smithi sling El Guapo. He is about 1cm. I think he's about to moult.

Moderators note: The BTS has a non-handling policy and does not encourage the handling of tarantulas, for the safety of the tarantula and the owner. We also understand that people have different opinions on this subject and from time to time handling may be necessary and /or accidental.
    This image shows the handling of an early stage spiderling and danger of invenomation is virtually impossible, the spider appears safe so the image will remain.
    Last edited by Colin D Wilson; 22-02-08, 07:59 PM.
    Proud owner of 100+ Beautiful T's and other pets

Awww, El Guapo............so cute!
    Proud owner of 48 Tarantulas and other pets.

Comment

very sweet
      BTS Member and proud!!

Comment

gorgeous lil sling leanne

Comment

Thanks all
          Proud owner of 100+ Beautiful T's and other pets

Comment

Nice spiders are red knees despite the popularity of them.

Comment

Hi.

I know this thread is a little old now and I was just wondering how often do Brachy slings molt??. I have had mine for a month now and it is still quite small, I think it hatched late November or early December this year.

Thanks

Comment

Brachy slings I've had have moulted roughly at 2 month intervals. As they get bigger they will molt less often. Also it depends on how often you feed it. I fed mine once a week with one cricket.
                Proud owner of 48 Tarantulas and other pets.

Comment

Thanks patsyking.

I have tried to feed mine 2 cricks per week for over 2 weeks and the spider is just not interested, that's why I assume it could be coming into a molt. Saying that though, the abdomen has been a pretty dark colour for about 2 weeks now which suggests it could be in pre-molt stage.

I was just wondering how long it is before the baby does molt and how often. Now that I have some idea from your reply, I guess I will just have to sit, watch and wait for a molt.

Thanks for replying. I appreciate it.

Comment

Working...
                  X